Muramasa Vita Port Confirmed For Western Release

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Muramasa Vita Port Confirmed For Western Release

Muramasa Rebirth is definitely crossing the sea, we just don't know when.

Released in 2009 for the Wii, Muramasa: The Demon Blade stands amongst the best-looking 2D games to date. But despite a warm critical response, the game's limited release and complete lack of promotion led to disappointing sales and yet another "cult-classic" for the 2D maestros at Vanillaware. The studio is looking to turn things around, however, with the release of Muramasa Rebirth for the Vita.

The game was presumed to be Japan-only, but Aksys Games has stepped up as a publisher and promised a full "relocalization" of the title for Western audiences. As with the original Wii release, only the game's text will be translated into English, leaving the game's Japanese voice acting intact. There's no news on when the localized version will hit shelves (digital and otherwise) or in which regions. Amazon [http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Rebirth-Pre-Order-Bonus-playstation-vita/dp/B00B7ELWAU] does have the game listed for release on June 25th, but that date is unconfirmed.

As well as high-res graphics and enhanced controls, Muramasa Rebirth is also getting a glut of DLC in the form of four additional scenarios and characters. There's no word on how much these DLC packs will cost.

Source: Aksys Games [http://www.aksysgames.com/2013/01/29/aksys-games-announces-muramasa-rebirth/#more-8365]

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
I really hope this gets a physical release. Muramasa is a magnificent game even on the Wii and with the polishing that the vita version is getting, it will easily be a must-buy game for the console. Of course, if it goes digital, it's going to get yet another awful sales number because no one wants to buy digital games on the Vita's ridiculously tiny and ridiculously expensive memory storage.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
AzrealMaximillion said:
Ugh, I want a PS Vita but Sony doesn't deserve $250 of my money for it.
I got one for Christmas, haven't used it much, it's an impressive piece of hardware from what I've seen so far, pretty much what the PSP should have been. Sadly I don't think it's ever going to be a huge success.

Purely in terms of it's capabilities, I'd say it's price tag, more so than I think the 3DS was worth it's (since I turn the 3D off and pretty much use it like a DS, and wind up ironically playing mostly DS games on it since there aren't that many dedicated 3DS games I care for overall). I imagine in the long run my VITA will get a better work out than my 3DS or PSP ever did, the two thumb controls make all the differance, and truthfully I'm thinking I might finally be able to seriously try a "Monster Hunter" game if they make one for Vita, because honestly I could never control the bloody things comfortably on my PSP.

Markus Lange

Aug 24, 2010
Awesome that its coming... but i was seriously hoping it would come to the darn ps3! i hope its playable opn the ps3 too -_-

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Heh, I'm only here because of the title issue, I actually don't own a Vita or have ever heard about the game.
I guess you should try that more often, it catches attention.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Therumancer said:
AzrealMaximillion said:
Ugh, I want a PS Vita but Sony doesn't deserve $250 of my money for it.
I got one for Christmas, haven't used it much, it's an impressive piece of hardware from what I've seen so far, pretty much what the PSP should have been. Sadly I don't think it's ever going to be a huge success.

Purely in terms of it's capabilities, I'd say it's price tag, more so than I think the 3DS was worth it's (since I turn the 3D off and pretty much use it like a DS, and wind up ironically playing mostly DS games on it since there aren't that many dedicated 3DS games I care for overall). I imagine in the long run my VITA will get a better work out than my 3DS or PSP ever did, the two thumb controls make all the differance, and truthfully I'm thinking I might finally be able to seriously try a "Monster Hunter" game if they make one for Vita, because honestly I could never control the bloody things comfortably on my PSP.
I'd say that its capabilities don't warrant Sonu charging $50 less than the PS3 home console. Yes the PS Vita is fairly new, but a lot of the features they put on in are very impractical and has little use. It's like the PSP have a child with a smartphone.

They could take out the cameras, the touchscreen, the touch sensitive back, the unneeded apps and it'd still be miles ahead of the 3DS in terms of technical prowess. Sony keeps making the mistake of trying to keep people away from smartphone gaming instead of competing with Nintendo in the handheld market.

If the features I mentioned weren't present, the PSVita would probably be priced more competitively. I want a gaming device, all of the extra crap they jammed in I already have on my Blackberry.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Hope it comes soon. :) Just downloaded Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus on my Vita from PS+.

Although I do have quite the bit of games for my Vita. Probably should slow down and complete a few first.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
This game should already be released for XBLA, PSN and/or Steam, it's release was waaaay too niche and obscure.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
SupahGamuh said:
This game should already be released for XBLA, PSN and/or Steam, it's release was waaaay too niche and obscure.
Yes, a Steam release would make sense. To be honest it'd probably sell most on Steam. There's too many instances of indie/obscure games that were on XBLA/PSN selling tenfold on Steam.

kyogen

Feb 22, 2011
Fantastic! This, Gravity Rush, and Soul Sacrifice are on my "will buy" list. They are the reasons I plan on buying a Vita.

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
Great, this is the only Wii game that I played alone, would buy it again on the PC if a port is ever made, heck even if they go GFWL.

Darth Rahu

Critic of the Sith
Nov 20, 2009
I've been in the mood for a good hack and slash game on the go for my Vita. And while Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus is nice, I want some stylized 2D Japanese stuff. I will be keeping an eye out on this thing.

Otaku World Order

Nov 24, 2011
The ability to take Muramasa anywhere is such an awesome idea.

I suppose the only downside is that most of the Vita's really good games, aside from Gravity Rush, have been ports.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Now all we need are localizations of Demon Gaze, Shinovi Versus and Atelier Totori/Meruru+. I've preordered the JP versions already but I'd still like to see them cross the Pacific too.