Bethesda Locks Down Skyrim DLC Release Dates for PS3

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Bethesda Locks Down Skyrim DLC Release Dates for PS3

Bethesda has confirmed that PlayStation 3 owners will get their Skyrim DLC fix this month.

After saying in January that Skyrim DLC "should [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121596-Skyrim-DLC-Dump-Hits-PS3-Next-Month-Probably]" hit the PlayStation 3 in February, Bethesda has now made it official: All three content packs will finally be released for the platform later this month. Dragonborn, Dawnguard, Hearthfire and the 1.8 title update have all been certified by Sony Computer Entertainment America and the process is being wrapped up in Europe as we speak. Therefore, we now have release dates!

As expected, the PS3 release order will reverse the original Xbox 360 launch schedule. Thus Dragonborn is first up, arriving on February 12, followed by Hearthfire on February 19 and then Dawnguard on February 26. The launch dates are valid for North America; European launch dates will be revealed as soon as they're finalized.

And as a "sorry for making you guys wait so long for no particular reason" gesture, Bethesda is amking all three DLC packs available for half-price during their first week of release. So... we're good, right?

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
Skyrim, what? What is this...

Oh, that game that came out 15 months ago that I stopped playing 7 months ago. Right.

I'll probably just wait for the GotY edition. I've gotten back into Fallout 3 and probably won't be dropping it any time soon.

Though, it is kinda a nice gesture with the half off prices... kinda...

Also, Dawnguard is coming out on my birthday, so I guess I might get it just because of that...

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
I honestly hope that no one buys the PS3 DLC.
Would certainly show that fans aren't willing to put up with this sort of shit.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Ghonzor said:
I'm not, it wouldn't be playable with my main character anyway. I got gifted on the PC but I just can't be bothered to grind my way back to supreme overlord of the universe.

Ruley

Sep 3, 2010
No discount love for other platforms that kept Skyrim strong over the past 15 months?

I'm pretty sure Skyrim is always in the top 10-20 of steam every month?

(Also, spelling mistake in the article - sorry, i am Grammar Nazi and i just want to help keep the site looking and reading awesome ^^)

NEDM

Apr 13, 2010
It already passed cert. but won't be released next week alongside PC. So even after everything else.... PS3 still has to wait last to get anything.

Til Bethesda stops pulling this, we are not good.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Ruley said:
No discount love for other platforms that kept Skyrim strong over the past 15 months?

I'm pretty sure Skyrim is always in the top 10-20 of steam every month?

(Also, spelling mistake in the article - sorry, i am Grammar Nazi and i just want to help keep the site looking and reading awesome ^^)
All other platforms have had the DLC (bar Dragonborn on PC) since before christmas, hell, the 360 had Dawnguard since last june, and each of the DLC have been on sale at least once since release so it's only fair that the PS3 gets a week's discount so nobody waits for a Christmas discount that may not even come next year.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Yay. My hopes are raised. I still won't believe that these are actually coming out on the PS3 until I can buy them and play them, but I'm very excited. Will give me an excuse to put that game back in...assuming I can tear myself away from Dead Space 3 and Aliens: Colonial Marines.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
SkarKrow said:
Ghonzor said:
I'm not, it wouldn't be playable with my main character anyway. I got gifted on the PC but I just can't be bothered to grind my way back to supreme overlord of the universe.
Just getting to that point now with my Brenton thief/mage. That point where you can take down two dragons and a giant at once without using any of those health potions that 2-3 months ago you were chugging like shots when fighting bandits. That point when you have more gold than the entire Empire and twin dragonbone swords with 900+ damage plus two enchantments.

Ahhhh...it's good to be god, I mean Dovakin

To be more OT:

I'm not suprised they're going through with this in all honesty because of how important consoles are when it comes to DLC sales. Who the hell honestly bought Heathfire for PC when the steam workshop can give you a flying mansion filled with hookers and gold as a house for free.

Xdeser2

Aug 11, 2012
You guys realize this didn't delay this out of Malice, Right?

They couldn't get it to work right because of the PS3's architecture, blame Sony if anyone lol

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
kajinking said:
SkarKrow said:
Ghonzor said:
Just getting to that point now with my Brenton thief/mage. That point where you can take down two dragons and a giant at once without using any of those health potions that 2-3 months ago you were chugging like shots when fighting bandits. That point when you have more gold than the entire Empire and twin dragonbone swords with 900+ damage plus two enchantments.

To be more OT:

I'm not suprised they're going through with this in all honesty because of how important consoles are when it comes to DLC sales. Who the hell honestly bought Heathfire for PC when the steam workshop can give you a flying mansion filled with hookers and gold as a house for free.
Oh man I one shot the dragons with the two handed weapons I just started using because I maxed out 1 handed and need xp. I think I needed health potions only until level 5 or though, dual wield handed axes and heavy armour means anything that can hit you is gonna die too fast to do it twice.

Daedric Armor maxed to the point where it outperforms dragon armours of similar calibur, godlike enchantments on each part, a daedric handaxe ine one hand and a mace in the other, one dishing out huge amounts of frost damage and the other instantly dealing crushing lightning damage, with a daedric dagger of soul reaping as backup for those pesky nord kinsmen of mine. Fire breath is maxed out and easily the most destructive of shouts.

t's good to be the Black Knight.

I know somebody who bought Hearthfire on PC. Went round their house and slapped them round the back of the head when they told me too.

I will replay Skyrim on PC when I can be bothered, and I'll invest in Dawngurd there when it's on sale. I just wish I could port over my PS3 save with 160 hours in it. (by the way at that point the lag is still tolerable for me, but it still shouldnt be present.)

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Xdeser2 said:
You guys realize this didn't delay this out of Malice, Right?

They couldn't get it to work right because of the PS3's architecture, blame Sony if anyone lol
I'm not bieng funny or anything but if bethesda can't deal with 7 year old hardware by now that says more about them than Sony, they had plenty of time to make their engine deal with the RAM architecture in the PS3 and they didn't manage.

I'm not terribly bothered because my PC can now play Skyrim just fine, but their engine bleeds RAM and thats a big issue for them that they should consider fixing. Not to mention that Bethesda needs to test things better and release products that are finished.

Though magic floating through floor woman never ceases to amaze me :D

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
well I would take the fact that the Dragonborn DLC is hitting my chosen console on my birthday as a good sign, but nothing ever goes that smoothly, particularly with Bethesda, I'll buy the DLC, but I expect something to go wrong

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
SkarKrow said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Ah so Bethesda does know what a PS3 is!
Now if only they knew what "testing" was...
The day Bethesda tests a game before release is the day that politicians stop blaming video games for causing violence. XD

OT: Oh hey, looks like PS3 users finally get some love. Too bad that it's over a year late! Seriously Bethesda, the PS3 has been out for years and you've released multiple games on it, surely you'd know how the system works by now. Most likely too what'll happen is that once it's released it'll probably crash the games or something. Remember when The Pitt for Fallout 3 came out and how unplayable it was.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Neronium said:
SkarKrow said:
DVS BSTrD said:
The day Bethesda tests a game before release is the day that politicians stop blaming video games for causing violence. XD

OT: Oh hey, looks like PS3 users finally get some love. Too bad that it's over a year late! Seriously Bethesda, the PS3 has been out for years and you've released multiple games on it, surely you'd know how the system works by now. Most likely too what'll happen is that once it's released it'll probably crash the games or something. Remember when The Pitt for Fallout 3 came out and how unplayable it was.
That's the day Whitebeard stops being a badass!

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
SkarKrow said:
kajinking said:
SkarKrow said:
Ghonzor said:

To be more OT:

Oh man I one shot the dragons with the two handed weapons I just started using because I maxed out 1 handed and need xp. I think I needed health potions only until level 5 or though, dual wield handed axes and heavy armour means anything that can hit you is gonna die too fast to do it twice.

Daedric Armor maxed to the point where it outperforms dragon armours of similar calibur, godlike enchantments on each part, a daedric handaxe ine one hand and a mace in the other, one dishing out huge amounts of frost damage and the other instantly dealing crushing lightning damage, with a daedric dagger of soul reaping as backup for those pesky nord kinsmen of mine. Fire breath is maxed out and easily the most destructive of shouts.

I know somebody who bought Hearthfire on PC. Went round their house and slapped them round the back of the head when they told me too.

I will replay Skyrim on PC when I can be bothered, and I'll invest in Dawngurd there when it's on sale. I just wish I could port over my PS3 save with 160 hours in it. (by the way at that point the lag is still tolerable for me, but it still shouldnt be present.)
Ha! Weak Daedric weapons!

Behold!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=124350036

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
kajinking said:
SkarKrow said:
kajinking said:
SkarKrow said:
Ghonzor said:

To be more OT:

Ha! Weak Daedric weapons!

Behold!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=124350036
Okay I'm gonna head right off topic here because I tried for a good 6 hours solid, what the hell is that UI mod? I NEED IT. The UI is atrocious with mouse and keyboard and I don't feel like using my controllers for it.

ut on topic, I like the aesthetic of the daedric weapons, being the Black Knight I must have demon weapons you see.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Neronium said:
SkarKrow said:
DVS BSTrD said:

Sorry but I have to add this: none of the games Bethesda has released on PS3 have been actually playable, Fallout 3 I actually traded in (something I hve done only twice.) because it just would not let me get anywhere without crashes.

Oblivion somehow runs like arse, even though I have friends running it on abysmally weak laptops that are outperformed by a frigging Gamecube.

New Vegas I shall leave be because I have't played it.

Skyim is crashy and laggy. Though the lag isn't entirely dreadful for me even at 160 hours.