Konami Would Consider Castlevania: Mirror of Fate HD

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Konami Would Consider Castlevania: Mirror of Fate HD

Konami's David Cox teases a console release of Castlevania Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate.

So, MercurySteam's Castlevania Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate arrives on 3DS next month. But what if you don't own a 3DS, or your discerning HD gamer eyes bleed at the mere thought of games presented in anything less than 720p? Well the game is currently signed as a Nintendo exclusive, but those deals don't last forever, and Konami has been on quite the HD rerelease kick as of late.

Should Konami decide to release the game on consoles, it would be relatively easy, ss Konami UK studio head, Dave Cox, explains:

"We created everything in high definition - all the textures, all the levels, high-poly models, everything - and we kind of shrunk it all down into the 3DS," he told CVG.

"Then we lost bones from characters, you know, we dropped the resolution of the textures and everything to make it fit. At MercurySteam we have an HD version of the game sitting there in a computer somewhere."

We'll find out if Mirror of Fate is any good when it's released next month, but the 2.5D platformer has racked up a ton of "best of show" awards thus far. The game serves as a sequel to Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and sets the scene for the upcoming Lords of Shadow II.

While quick and dirty handheld ports on XBLA or PSN seem like an easy way for developers to make bank, very few have bothered to do so. We've seen a handful of PSP titles ported to the PS2/PS3, but for the most part, those of us with giant hands have been left to mash our pudgy fingers against tiny handheld d-pads and weep salty tears.

Source: CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/389154/castlevania-dev-would-absolutely-consider-mirror-of-fate-hd/]

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Gut! One less reason for me to spend cash on a 3DS. I mean, I will eventually anyways....dammit.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Grey Carter said:
"At MercurySteam we have an HD version of the game sitting there in a computer somewhere."
Agent Hunt. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to discretely infiltrate MercurySteam and retrieve the pertinent HD game. Once acquired, you are to disseminate the data to those non-3DS inflicted individuals in need of Castlevania. Should you fail, we will disavow any knowledge of you and your gaming habits. This message will self destruct in...

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
"But enough talk, have at you!"

Heh, cute little shout out there to a older game. I might get this providing the controls aren't horrible or anything like that. Looks a lot more like the Castlevanina of old, stormy a dark and spooky castle while fighting monsters. :D