Jeremy Soule Confirms Malukah For Skyrim Concert

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Jeremy Soule Confirms Malukah For Skyrim Concert

[video=5537]​
Malukah, whose cover of "The Dragonborn Comes" made a huge splash on YouTube, has agreed to appear at Jeremy Soule's proposed Skyrim concert.

Jeremy Soule's planned Skyrim concert just keeps on getting cooler. In case you missed it, the Skyrim composer took to Facebook last week seeking support [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121795-Skyrim-Composer-Invites-Facebook-to-Elder-Scrolls-Concert] for a live performance of music from Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim by a "world-renowned orchestra" in New York City. He hinted pretty strongly that he'd conduct the event and might even perform some of the music himself.

The concert has yet to be confirmed - and that makes this a good place to suggest that you nip around to Legends of the Frost [https://www.facebook.com/mrsoule/posts/10151441950275993]," will be there.

"Update! I have great news!" Soule wrote today on his Facebook page. "Malukah (whose performance of 'Dragonborn Comes' is nearing 10 million plays!!) has agreed to appear at the proposed New York concert!"

"I am also planning to make a new orchestration for Malukah which will be premiered at the concert," Soule wrote in the comments section following the announcement. "A choir will be present for the performance!"

He also confirmed - again, assuming it actually happens - that there will be a meet-and-greet at the concert, and that there will be helmets.

Yup. Let's make this happen [https://www.facebook.com/mrsoule/posts/10151441950275993], people.

Source: Facebook [https://www.facebook.com/mrsoule/posts/262614787205198]

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
It will be the greatest nerd concert of all time. ALL TIME. Too bad I can't come. I'm hoping for a live streaming though.

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
So it's a Skyrim concert, and not an Elder Scrolls concert? Booooooo.

Yeah, I know I'm being nitpicky, this just bugs me.

Elvaril

Dec 31, 2010
deathbydeath said:

I think you missed something when you read the article.
Andy Chalk said:
a live performance of music from Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim
OT: This would be awesome to attend. Shame that there is no way that I would be able to go to NYC just for this. Loved Malukah's covers, but while 'The Dragonborn Comes' cover was really good, her 'Age of Oppression' cover was fantastic. If only MoS would be there as well, then I would definitely have to come up with a way to attend.

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
Elvaril said:
deathbydeath said:

I think you missed something when you read the article.
Andy Chalk said:
a live performance of music from Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim
I knew that when I posted, but it still bugs me.

GaltarDude1138

Jan 19, 2011
I guess some of Jeremy's music from KOTOR would be too much to ask for, then? (not to mention completely unrelated to Skyrim, but come on :D)

But this is awesome news! I hope I can go...

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
I didn't like her cover, but it's nice to see she's getting recognition.
Pretty much exactly what I was going to say: Don't get why people made such a fuss over her, but it's always good when somebody gets a lucky break.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
:) This is good news. Hope we can hear/see it all soon.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Glad to hear it, and awesome. Lets hope there is a live stream or something.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Never played an Oblivion game in my life, but this girl's voice almost makes me want to throw cash for a copy of Skyrim right now. Almost.

jollybarracuda

Oct 7, 2011
Sweet! I absolutely loved her cover, she sang it exceptionally well in my opinion, and her use of echo (reverb?) was well implemented. I'll definitely look for this concert on Youtube or something after it shows.

Shilefin

Aug 18, 2011
Okay, that's it, I am moving to the USA. There should better be some guy recording this with a cell-phone camera somewhere.

Spectrum_Prez

Aug 19, 2009
According to actual musicians I've talked to, Jeremy Soule is supposedly a massive hack. I guess I can see why 'proper' musicians might see it that way -- much in the same vein that people would say John Williams is a hack.

But, my god, the music from Morrowind is by far the greatest I've ever heard in a video game. Not just the main theme (which is sublime), but a lot of the exploration music which they brought back for Skyrim.

VeryOddGamer

Feb 26, 2012
Eh, I don't like her songs all that much. I would've preferred Gav to go there, but still, good for her.

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
Wow. Congratulations to Malukah. It's been just over a year since she released her Skyrim cover too.