Why Stardock Is Still Working on Fallen Enchantress

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Why Stardock Is Still Working on Fallen Enchantress

Derek Paxton addresses some of the critical response to the fantasy turn-based 4X game Fallen Enchantress and Elemental: War of Magic.

pnmst

Feb 5, 2013
Desert Punk said:
I love Stardock, they are what other developers should strive to emulate.

They release good products, and if a product doesnt measure up they dont blame critics, or consumers, they admit that it wasnt up to par and work to do better by the people who bought their game.
They also refuse to give up on any of their products.
No matter how dumb, and even when it's no longer their product.
I'm still wondering why I have to sign in with Stardock to play Galactic Civilization 2

Twitchy Wyche

He has a wife, y'know...
Jan 30, 2013
pnmst said:
Desert Punk said:

They release good products, and if a product doesnt measure up they dont blame critics, or consumers, they admit that it wasnt up to par and work to do better by the people who bought their game.
I'm still wondering why I have to sign in with Stardock to play Galactic Civilization 2
I love Stardock too and speaking of Galactic Civilization 2, when are they gonna make another one damn it; I love that game.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
Looking forward to the expansion. I hope they get Paxton to do some of the writing, because a lot of the lore in Fall from Heaven was really good, and considerably more interesting than the Fallen Enchantress lore. Plus, if he can make the factions in FE even close to as unique as the factions in Fall from Heaven were, that'll be a major improvement. After that, all that's needed is some serious AI improvements!

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
First time i hear of these games. as a turn based strategy lower imm confused why i didnt knew about them. are them any good, should i try?

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Desert Punk said:
Strazdas said:
First time i hear of these games. as a turn based strategy lower imm confused why i didnt knew about them. are them any good, should i try?
I enjoy both games greatly, but I wouldnt exactly go into it as a strategy game, but an RPG strategy hybrid which to my experiences is fairly unique and fun!
I see, thanks for the answer.

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
I've wanted to play this game for a little while now, but I was put off by a friend's experience as an Elemental WoM pre-orderer...

Desert Punk said:
I enjoy both games greatly, but I wouldnt exactly go into it as a strategy game, but an RPG strategy hybrid which to my experiences is fairly unique and fun!
^ On account of this, and bearing in mind that I enjoyed the latest Heroes of Might and Magic, I'll probably grab it later this week.

bilkobob

May 26, 2009
Candidus said:
I've wanted to play this game for a little while now, but I was put off by a friend's experience as an Elemental WoM pre-orderer...

Desert Punk said:
^ On account of this, and bearing in mind that I enjoyed the latest Heroes of Might and Magic, I'll probably grab it later this week.

I hated War of Magic. Most people dislike it as well. Fallen Enchatntress is a solid game, good but not great with a lot of potential. If I were you, I'd wait to get Legendary Heroes. You get FE as the base game and won't have to buy both FE and Legendary Heroes as full priced games.

pnmst

Feb 5, 2013
Desert Punk said:
pnmst said:
Desert Punk said:

They are in gathering all their products, that way if you lose access to a steam account or impulse or what not you can still get access to your products from them I think.
It's not their product.