Come Join Us for Escapist Expo 2013

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Come Join Us for Escapist Expo 2013

If you didn't make it to Expo 2012, you'll have another chance to join the fun this October.

Perhaps you were one of the nearly 6,000 people in attendance at Escapist Expo last year, or perhaps you couldn't get out of work to make it to the show. Maybe you just heard about it too late to attend. Whatever your situation was last year, we've got great news. This October 4, 5, and 6, right here in Durham, NC, we'll be hosting our second annual Escapist Expo at the Durham Convention Center, Carolina Theater, and Durham Armory. In case you hadn't heard, Expo 2012 was a lot of fun [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S5q3SjWtgg]!

At Expo 2012 we had Gamers Helping Gamers [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117954-Hunt-Zombies-With-Nerf-Guns-at-Expo-2012]. We had tabletop RPG rooms dedicated to, well, role playing. You could watch anime on the big screen at the Carolina Theater. There was a two-day League of Legends tournament, there were three days of console tournaments, and we even brought in some of your favorite Escapist talent for you to rub elbows with. What I'm getting at is that we had a lot of stuff on tap for you to enjoy. We've got twice as much space as last year, so Expo 2013 will be even bigger and better.

Be sure to keep an eye out for upcoming announcements about the various events, activities, and personalities that we'll have at Expo 2013. For those of you who like to steep yourself in research before your travels, you can find all of the latest information on the Volunteer Registration page [http://www.escapistexpo.com/].

Check back early and often for updates on what to expect at Expo 2013, and we'll see you there!

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
If I win the lottery so I can afford to quit my job and come along, I most certainly will.

I hope it's even bigger and better than last year. I didn't get to go, but the videos of it were brilliant.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Hooray! And now I'm off to volunteer recruiting! XD

Expo 2013 will trump 2012....

I can feel it >:D

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Fappy said:

This is is going to be even better and we're gonna make damn sure of that! >:D

Also...

FUCK YEAH! :D

VeryOddGamer

Feb 26, 2012
Oh, thanks guys for once again reminding me of my loneliness and just the general lack of representation of the stuff I'm interested in my vicinity.
While that part is true, I still hope that everyone that goes will have a good time, because if I wouldn't, I'd be a bitter and lonely bastard, and I'm not that, right?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Fappy said:

Also...

Binnsy should be here this time too!

VICTORY!

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Fappy said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Fappy said:

Also...

VICTORY!
And Blunder might make an appearance too!

MORE BRO REPRESENTATION!

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Fappy said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Fappy said:

Also...

VICTORY!
And Blunder might make an appearance too!

MORE BRO REPRESENTATION!
We're going to bring the BROPOCALYPSE to Durham! You guys had better be ready!

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
I might cry...

I really hope I get another miracle and can attend again, but it's looking bleak right now. =[

I bet it'll be epic though! Please film everything! :3

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Man, I wanna go, but the one friend I have who likes coventions only wants to go to pax :( I am not going to go alone!

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Ahem...

Fucking yes! I am definately going to be there this year. Last year was my first time in America and my first ever convension was the Escapist Expo. I'm definately doing this again.

sky14kemea said:
I might cry...

I really hope I get another miracle and can attend again, but it's looking bleak right now. =[

Nononononono! You must come! Don't disappoint me and Eleu

Eleuthera said:
Tell her not to disappoint us!

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
TimeLord said:
Ahem...

Fucking yes! I am definately going to be there this year. Last year was my first time in America and my first ever convension was the Escapist Expo. I'm definately doing this again.

sky14kemea said:
I might cry...

Eleuthera said:
Would we be flying from London again, the great trio from the UK? =P (And now all 3 of us are Mods!)

I'm desperately trying to get a job to afford this, though I have been tipped by a Godlike being that he might be willing to front my flight again. (Might, I would rather pay for it myself and avoid all the guilt xD)

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
sky14kemea said:
I might cry...

TimeLord said:
Ahem...

Eleuthera said:
DON'T DISAPPOINT US!!

I have 25 Euros and change, that's (a very small part of) your flight taken care of...

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
sky14kemea said:
TimeLord said:
Ahem...

sky14kemea said:
I might cry...

Eleuthera said:
Would we be flying from London again, the great trio from the UK? =P (And now all 3 of us are Mods!)

I'm desperately trying to get a job to afford this, though I have been tipped by a Godlike being that he might be willing to front my flight again. (Might, I would rather pay for it myself and avoid all the guilt xD)
We totally have to do the great UK trio. And yes, we are now the great trio of Mods too!

Disregard guilt, aquire flight tickets!

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
TimeLord said:
We totally have to do the great UK trio. And yes, we are now the great trio of Mods too!

Disregard guilt, aquire flight tickets!
I wonder if we can get ahold of Stevey, I do have him on Steam/Skype. Would be fun to be in the same hotel again. (Would we Red Roof Inn it?)
Eleuthera said:
DON'T DISAPPOINT US!!

I have 25 Euros and change, that's (a very small part of) your flight taken care of...
I'm one step closer to 'Murika! =P Thanks though. I'll see what I can work out.