Indie Royale Gets Serious

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Indie Royale Gets Serious

The Indie Royale Valentine's Bundle offers Serious Sam 3: BFE and five other games for less than the cost of a decent sandwich.

Serious Sam 3: BFE is a pretty sweet shooter by any measure, but for less than six bucks with all the other stuff you get in the Indie Royale Valentine's Bundle, it's a seriously good deal. (Okay, I'll stop saying "serious" now.) There's Shad'O, a tower defense game set in the mind of a nine-year-old boy, the old-school platform adventure Oozi: Earth Adventure, the intriguingly-entitled Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time, and Lunnye Devitsy and Wake, two games that collectively make up The Lunar Pack.

I won't say "that's not all" because we've done this before and you know it isn't. The bundle also includes soundtracks for Shad'O, Oozi: Earth Adventure, Doc Clock, Lunnye Devitsy and Wake, and paying a minimum of $8 will add the Slipstream Vol. 2 album by CoLD StoRAGE.

So what we've got here is a chance to score one of the most wildly over-the-top FPSes to come along in years and indulge in some indie goodness that you might otherwise never have heard of at the same time, all for well under a tenner. If you're a shooter fan who hasn't yet sampled the seriousness, you're probably not going to get it much cheaper than this. The Indie Royale Valentine's Bundle runs until February 20 at indieroyale.com [http://www.indieroyale.com/].

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
That bundle is super lackluster. Literally every other game besides Serious Sam 3 is a waste of time in my opinion.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
Thanks for the heads-up Andy, I needed to finish the Serious Sam trilogy anyway, I usually drop at least a tenner regardless for those struggling to live their dream. Shame that Indie Royale doesn't do charity, but I can't really complain.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Mostly platformers, huh? I wasn't going to get it but I might put up with buying Serious Sam if I get a decent platformer or two out of it.