Bungie Pre-Order Page Hints at Destiny on Wii U, PC and Vita

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Bungie Pre-Order Page Hints at Destiny on Wii U, PC and Vita

Bungie's online shooter Destiny may find its way to the Wii U, PC, Vita and next-gen systems.

Halo creators Bungie recently let loose a deluge of details about its current project Destiny, a large-scale online shooter with more than a few hints of MMO in its makeup. In its initial unveiling Bungie confirmed that the game would be coming to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. A subsequent discussion with <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-17-destiny-bungie-unveils-its-shared-world-shooter>Eurogamer confirmed that Bungie had interest in bringing Destiny to PC.

"We would absolutely love to be on the PC." Said Bungie COO Pete Parsons. "If you talk to the people upstairs, we play it on all platforms. So, stay tuned."

Despite this desire to see Destiny on every platform possible, no official lip service has been paid to the WiiU, the Vita, or any other assumed next-generation systems. That said, new evidence suggests that other platforms may in fact find themselves playing host to Destiny in the future. While Bungie's <a href=http://www.destinythegame.com/wheretobuy>official pre-order page falls in line with its official announcements, the page's source code lists a whole bevy of platforms including the Wii U, Vita, PC, PS4 and Xbox 720.

This is in no way a confirmation. These bits of source code could be placeholders included just in case Bungie decides to announce new versions of Destiny down the road. That said, it's still heartening to see the Wii U, PC and Vita included. A Vita version especially would be a neat thing to see. One of the long-running grievances with Sony's handheld has been the lack of a quality first-person shooter to take advantage of its dual analog control scheme. A <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/10196-Bungies-Words-of-Destiny?utm_source=features&utm_medium=index_carousel&utm_campaign=all>large-scale online shooter of the caliber that Destiny is aiming to be could be just what the doctor ordered.

Sources:
<a href=http://www.gamnesia.com/news/destiny-could-come-to-the-wii-u-pc-vita-ps4-xbox-720>Gamnesia
<a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-17-destiny-bungie-unveils-its-shared-world-shooter>Eurogamer

TheProfessor234

Aug 20, 2010
I really really hope the MMO elements are limited to player choice exluding a few areas.

I would love a hub city filled with tons of other players for trading/dealing, annoyance, anything that you would get with a city.

But I would rather have the choice of going out and playing missions/campaign/whateveritis alone or with choice friends.

Would be even better if it was cross platform so you could link up with all your friends, regardless of system/console but there's no way that'll ever happen.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
WiiU: Expected.
PC: Not quite expected, but it was always possible.
Vita: ...wait what? Nice, but unexpected.

Considering how early the game seems to be in development, I'd wager it'll launch next-gen systems.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
I'd hope its for PC i'd stuggle to buy it on a consoles. Idk why'd youd release a new series then hamstring your production cause you have 256 and 512 memory... Maybe they will at least do a simultaneous release on xbox and xbox 360.

Anathrax

Jan 14, 2013

Hooray!
(Image by Yours truly. Don't ban me!)

EDit: Feel free to use the image, but send me cookies first. Doesn't matter if they are virtual.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Bungie developed shooter on the Vita? Absolutely, yes please gimme gimme. Oh and sorry Mr Stirling but I would preorder the bejesus out of that.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
It's nice that Bungie and Activision are actually supporting the WiiU. Heck, it's even nicer that they're supporting the Vita (Which I still won't be buying).

Still, I don't know if I wanna play it unless I can play as the Alien invaders. I'm tired of being a Master Chief, Gordon Freeman, Duke Nukem, and a Space Marine (A.K.A. Humans).

Chaos James

Bastion of Debauchery
May 27, 2011
Please do this Bungie, please release it on Wii U. I adored Reach because it felt more like my own character, and since this is going to focus on being my own character, I would love it so much, and I don't have plans yet for any FPS on my Wii U. I'll buy this, just don't worry about the Gamepad's touch screen unless you want to use it for typing messages/menus, cause I wanna play it on the Gamepad sans TV (which is my favorite way to use the Wii U).

<3 Please Bungie, Please <3

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Still excited and this gives me more options to explore the game on the Wii U and even the Vita.

Though I'll probably skip the PC version all in all.

Apr 28, 2008
Sweetness. I'm especially interested in the Vita port, if there is one. Mainly because I just want to know how something like that would work. Could also give people a reason to buy and use their Vita's, because lord knows it needs one...

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Doesn't suprise me that they are consider Destiny to be on the PC aswell that is if they are being smart about it. I mean most games get a console release and then the PC release sometime later.

juyunseen

Nov 21, 2011
Mr. Omega said:
WiiU: Expected.
PC: Not quite expected, but it was always possible.
Vita: ...wait what? Nice, but unexpected.

Considering how early the game seems to be in development, I'd wager it'll launch next-gen systems.
It's anything but early in development though. It's been in it's dev cycle since 2010. The launch window is fall 2013 as of right now.

R.Nevermore

Mar 28, 2008
I am shocked that a game as large scale and ambitious as this wasnt originally slated to be a PC release in addition to the consoles. This is actually a title I was interested in but when I heard the initial announcement that it was console only my interest all but dried up. It's good to see that bungie isn't hampering their potential by ignoring the pc and next-gen markets.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Anathrax said:

Hooray!

EDit: Feel free to use the image, but send me cookies first. Doesn't matter if they are virtual.
It's funny how the ps vita is called the psVISTA in that image. Seems like someone considers it to be windows Vista level failure.

Anathrax

Jan 14, 2013
RicoADF said:
Anathrax said:

Hooray!

It's funny how the ps vita is called the psVISTA in that image. Seems like someone considers it to be windows Vista level failure.
Typo, the first one says vista, the second one says Vita. Can't say if they both suck as I have never tried the PSvita.
Edit: Good find though.

ratman995

Nov 30, 2009
Anathrax said:

Hooray!

I'm laughing that Bungie has revealed today's announcement from sony, as we can pretty much predict that when this comes out, the PS4 won't be far behind! (or visa versa)