Legend of Zelda Oracle Games Coming to Japanese eShop

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Legend of Zelda Oracle Games Coming to Japanese eShop

The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons will be available in the Japanese eShop February 27th.

In 2001, Nintendo released The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons for the Game Boy Color. The games hit shelves simultaneously and on February 27th they'll come out again, joining the 3DS's Virtual Console library in the Japanese eShop. The pair will be priced at a temporary discount, being sold for 500 Yen (about five dollars) until March 20th after which they'll return to the standard price of 600 Yen.

Though no official announcements have been made slating the two Oracles for release outside of Japan, it's very likely they'll find their way to other regions. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX, another Game Boy Color game, was a significant success for the 3DS's Virtual Console and there are more than a few Zelda fans likely chomping at the bit for another chance to purchase and play the games. It only makes sense that these two well regarded titles will soon be showing their faces on other shores.

If and when they do, they'll join a bevy of recent, higher profile additions to the 3DS Virtual Console. The first two Mega Man games have already joined the library with plans in place to release the following four. The original Castlevania was also added recently, as were games like Ninja Gaiden and Ice Climbers. In fact, if the Oracle games join the 3DS library there won't be too many Zelda games left that aren't available on the 3DS in one way or another. Excepting the GameCube and Wii games, only A Link to the Past and Majora's Mask remain unavailable.

Source: <a href=http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/02/the_legend_of_zelda_oracle_titles_coming_to_japanese_3ds_virtual_console>Nintendo Life

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
HOLY SHIT!, I remember playing Oracle of Ages back in high school! :D

A friend of mine lend me the game (and I lend him Pokemon Gold) and it was pretty awesome, if someday I ever decide to get my hands into a 3DS, this will definitely be a great incentive to buy one, lots of Zelda goodness to be had on the little fella.

RobDaBank

Nov 16, 2011
Oracle of Time was the first and only gameboy version of Zelda I ever played, and what a game it was. Hope they will be successful, you can't beat reviving a classic!

Kicksauce

Sep 4, 2012
Thats some nostalgia right there, first Zelda i ever played and also took me 5 or 6 years to beat (since it took me quite some time before I was fluent enough in english to understand directions)

Link XL1

Apr 6, 2010
majoras mask next please!!! thats the only reason why i dont have a 3ds, nintendo (hint hint)

caleb451

Nov 19, 2010
Don't forget Minish Cap! I know it's in the Ambassador program, but I won't count it as "in the 3DS library" until it's available to the general public. (hint hint)

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
IDEA: Bring this to USA eShop...

Even if they don't, i've always got my downloadable version of Minish Cap...

AMBASSADOR AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY...

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010

God, I love the Oracle games. They're second only to Ocarina of Time in terms of Zelda games that I love. These are BOTH so bought as soon as they reach the west.