Skyrim: Dawnguard DLC Finally Hits PSN Today

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Skyrim: Dawnguard DLC Finally Hits PSN Today

Seven months after releasing on the Xbox 360, Skyrim's vampire-filled Dawnguard DLC will be available on the PS3 today.

It's been a speculated that there would be a 30 or 60-day wait [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118752-Bethesda-Has-No-Timeline-for-Dawnguard-on-PC-and-PS3] for it to go multiplatform.

Though it was the first Skyrim DLC released on Xbox 360, Dawnguard is the last expansion to hit the PSN; Dragonborn and Hearthfire also made their way to the PS3 earlier this month. To make up for the delay, Dawnguard will be 50% off for the first week it's available, bringing the price down to $9.99 for a limited time.

It's a shame that those who prefer the PlayStation 3 had to wait so long to get their Skyrim DLC, but better late than never, I guess, right? Besides, with so much content in the core game, it's not like anything was stopping PS3 owners from playing Skyrim in the meantime. Well, other than the technical issues [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114588-Bethesda-New-Vegas-Dev-Is-Wrong-About-Skyrims-PS3-Lag]. At any rate, congrats, PS3 owners! You can finally experience what the rest of us have been doing in Skyrim for the last seven months.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
I just sell my games after ive finished with them so DLC is pointless until they bring out a GOTY addition. :)I learnt my lesson with Oblivion, that dlc sucked apart form Shivering Isles. So GOTY is cheaper option.

Mylinkay Asdara

Waiting watcher
Nov 28, 2010
Y'know I was wondering why Escapist didn't have an announcement for each piece of DLC - y'know, so more people around here could have capitalized on the discount weeks? Dropped the ball there. It's a good thing I got the news elsewhere or I'd have been pretty peeved. Also, could you make the tone of the article a little more patronizing?

Bad form.

I've been enjoying the DLC though and even though I didn't like to have to wait, they were honest about it when they realized it was a problem and they've offered me a savings of $23.00 on $55.00 worth of content so... I am pretty well pacified.

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
Wooo! I'm gonna buy this right now! Is totally something I would have said last summer. Sorry. Ship has sailed. Someday I might get Skyrim for pc and its dlc but in the mean time I'm looking for something else

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Mylinkay Asdara said:
Y'know I was wondering why Escapist didn't have an announcement for each piece of DLC - y'know, so more people around here could have capitalized on the discount weeks? Dropped the ball there. It's a good thing I got the news elsewhere or I'd have been pretty peeved.
Well they did in an article saying the release dates.

Mylinkay Asdara

Waiting watcher
Nov 28, 2010
Legion said:
Mylinkay Asdara said:
Y'know I was wondering why Escapist didn't have an announcement for each piece of DLC - y'know, so more people around here could have capitalized on the discount weeks? Dropped the ball there. It's a good thing I got the news elsewhere or I'd have been pretty peeved.
Well they did in an article saying the release dates.
Yes, being fair we did get that one. I dunno, this little snippet just rubbed me all the wrong ways while I was downloading said dlc - and I do still think that since the discounts were only for the week of release as far as I know, not the month... well whatever. I suppose I should just shut up and worry about myself rather than anyone else, but it still has my feathers all in the wrong places, especially the tone and implications.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
I'm still playing Skyrim even now... but how many other people are? I doubt it's a majority. PS3 players are unlikely to have enough goodwill left 7 months on.