Just Cause Developer Drops More Title Pics

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Just Cause Developer Drops More Title Pics

2013 shall be the year of the Geniuses, according to Christofer Sundberg of Avalanche.

2013 shall be the year of the Geniuses, according to Avalanche's Christofer Sundberg, and he says Avalanche tries to come up to that standard. "As in try by actually working hard on sandbox games and biz models," he went on to Tweet, "not just Tweeting and yap in GDC talks." With that, he Tweeted yet another teaser picture of his unnamed sandbox project, which may - or may not - be the next episode in the Just Cause franchise.

Judging by hook shot [https://twitter.com/CHSundberg/status/306861789323337729]' in the photo is any indication, the odds are this is a Just Cause title, and not, say, Fluffy Bunnies Go Back To Rainbow Lake.

Way back in the mists of 2010 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99547-Just-Cause-3-May-Be-On-the-Way], in the wake of glowing reviews and great sales numbers for Just Cause 2, Sundberg said that Avalanche was very keen to work on Just Cause again. "I personally wrote the original pitch for the game in early 2003," Sundberg said at the time, "so it's something that means a lot for me and for the people in this studio. This studio lives and breathes the Just Cause franchise, and handing that over to another developer would spoil it." Looks like we'll get to see what Sundberg's been breathing soon enough.

Source: Twitter [https://twitter.com/CHSundberg]

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I love Just Cause. So more of it is perfectly fine by me. And it's not like they have a new one come out every year. JC2 was released in the summer of 2010, and I still play it.

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
Man, I wouldn't mind another Just Cause game. I would just want free roam coop because, well think about it. You could be surfing on top of a car shooting enemies while your friend is driving it, or even para sailing off the car's back, doing various things (That may or may not involve shooting things)

Arctodus_Simus

When I say "oo", you say "long"
Aug 23, 2010
Capitano Segnaposto said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Hook shot doesn't mean it's Just Cause, It could just as easily be a batman training simulator.
To me it looks like a zepplin and the character is trying to get to it using some sort of Steam-Punk Garb.

I truly hope this is a Steam Punk game!
Oh, don't tease me with stuff like that, man! My heart can't take it :p

Steampunk Just Cause? Oh gods yes...

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Capitano Segnaposto said:
To me it looks like a zepplin and the character is trying to get to it using some sort of Steam-Punk Garb.

I truly hope this is a Steam Punk game!
Holy shit! You might be onto something!

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
You know, I kinda hope the story is as retarded as JC2's was. There's something relaxing about being able to just ignore any form of logic for a while because it's quite clear the devs did.

Also, a Steam Punk version of Just Cause would cause spontaneous orgasms.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
We were discussing this on /v/ and consensus theory is this is some sort of Just Cause set in WW2, because of the lower tech looking hookshot, the zeppelin, his outfit, the bite with side car (in the other pic), and the luger on his left hip in this pic.

Get ready for Wierld War War 2 Secret Weapons over Normandy Nazi Flying Saucers style

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
I'd be fine with a new Just Cause game. #2 was a crazy amount of fun even if it was a bit repetitive. Plus one of the charters is from my home town.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
Vie said:
You know, I kinda hope the story is as retarded as JC2's was. There's something relaxing about being able to just ignore any form of logic for a while because it's quite clear the devs did.
It was great how it didn't take itself seriously in any way. Everything was completely over the top and poked fun at itself and action games and movies in general. It kept getting sillier and more ridiculous as it went on, but it worked because of the tone they took with it. It was pretty much a parody of the whole "America, fuck yeah!" thing that's so overused, which lends itself well to the kind of non-stop action movie sequences the game tends to generate once you start exploding things. If they can maintain that kind of playful absurdity, I'll be pretty happy.

oldtaku

Jan 7, 2011
Some people are guessing Max Max... I sure hope not. Just Cause 3 is what I want. Big dumb stupid huge world physics fun.

'Project Mamba' sure suggests Just Cause 3.