Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Sets Sail for the Caribbean

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Sets Sail for the Caribbean

It's a pirate's life for this assassin.

Read Full Article

Moblin88

Mar 4, 2013
Can we walk around on the boats and climb on the boats while they are moving? I always wanted to be sailing on a boat jumping between boats and boarding all while the ships were moving!

Broken Blade

Nov 29, 2007
Hmmm. Well, so far it definitely sounds really interesting. I'll probably still hold out until I can get it used, given how ACR and ACIII kind of left me burned out on the series.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
"...a dynamic open world naval adventure..."

You can't imagine the epic fistpumps I'm performing right now. They are piercing the heavens with hype.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Moblin88 said:
Can we walk around on the boats and climb on the boats while they are moving? I always wanted to be sailing on a boat jumping between boats and boarding all while the ships were moving!
On Dtoid they said that you will be able to ship jack in real time. :)

http://www.destructoid.com/assassin-s-creed-iv-will-include-shipjacking-247658.phtml

Idk about moving around though normally, but I would assume you probably can.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
this really sounds interesting and promising. maybe i give it a shot after all. at least AC3 ending wasnt that horrible as that of ME3.
will keep an eye on it.

Arctodus_Simus

When I say "oo", you say "long"
Aug 23, 2010
OK, after being a little disappointed about AC:III (only a little, It was still very enjoyable, just not what it could have been), I am VERY much looking forward to this! It's an interesting direction to take something started in sprawling cities.

I just hope they manage to keep the sense of freedom that I and II had - III, despite the size, felt a lot more constrictive, to me at least.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
... This is going to be one of these games where I'll have a definite urge to buy it, and then pirate it anyway, just to get in the mood.

Ledan

Apr 15, 2009
Oh! wanna bet you go find the wreck in the future to find cues/cool artifact?

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
And immediately I'm more interested in this than I was in Assassin's Creed 3. Pirates are awesome and the ship-to-ship fighting was interesting, fun and well done in AC3.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
"intimidating sea creatures ripe for harpooning"

Please......thanks. After the AC3 sea monster turned out to be diving eqp, i would love the chance to hunt sea monsters. So will this be whales and giant squid? Or some similiar to lock ness monster? ;-)

Aug 19, 2010
I found AC3 quite enjoyable actually, which does put me in the minority. So far all we have is a cinematic trailer, but damn, i'm hyped. 4 pistols and dual swords?

This will be fun

Jailbird408

Jan 19, 2011
Isn't Assassin's Creed supposed to be about, I don't know, ASSASSINATING?
I wasn't interested in Assassin's Creed III because it had huge ships. In fact, without any monolithic megastructures and satisfying shanking, I wasn't interested in AC3 at all. I plowed through the game completely ignoring the side missions because I just wanted to wrap up Desmond's story so I could move on to a more engaging game.
And now that I have, and the new Assassin's Creed looks set to completely shelve what I liked about the early games, I don't even intend to acknowledge the existence of this title beyond telling everyone why I don't intend to acknowledge the existence of this title.

Pickapok

Eater of Doughnuts
May 17, 2011
The first truly naval open world game?

I think not.

"Sid Meier's Pirates!" says hello.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
I remember when this game was about sneaking up to dudes and stabbing them with a wrist knife thingy.

Oh well, gonna pass but I'll probably play it at a friends house. Never bought AC3 but I did try the naval missions and they were pretty fun.

Deathlyphil

Mar 6, 2008
Jailbird408 said:
Isn't Assassin's Creed supposed to be about, I don't know, ASSASSINATING?
I wasn't interested in Assassin's Creed III because it had huge ships. In fact, without any monolithic megastructures and satisfying shanking, I wasn't interested in AC3 at all. I plowed through the game completely ignoring the side missions because I just wanted to wrap up Desmond's story so I could move on to a more engaging game.
And now that I have, and the new Assassin's Creed looks set to completely shelve what I liked about the early games, I don't even intend to acknowledge the existence of this title beyond telling everyone why I don't intend to acknowledge the existence of this title.
I agree with the Assassinating part. Each game in the series has moved further and further from core aspect of the first game. Perhaps Ubi should do what CoD did and lose the "Assassin's Creed" part of the title and give this one a more meaningful name.

The ship combat in AC3 was ok, but cumbersome. You can either see where you are going, or aim, since the main cannons fired from the broadsides. Naval combat felt shoehorned in, but to be honest, that could describe almost all of AC3's content. Not being American, or that interested in American history (Europe's is better and there's much more of it), most of the cameos by famous people went completely over my head.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Casual Shinji said:
"...a dynamic open world naval adventure..."

You can't imagine the epic fistpumps I'm performing right now. They are piercing the heavens with hype.
50...i say again...50 locations! this is going to be huge!

I am so hyped for this! however i will be keeping an eye on it...and will undoubtedly make up my mind when i see the review.

Captcha: Just Dance...Don't worry Captcha, I WILL! *Harlem Shake*

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
It's funny to see Ubisoft embracing piracy.

This does sound like something refreshing. I am excited about everything we know so far. Especially jungles. They said that they still have 3 major cities in the game, plus all the other exotic locations and of course the open seas. Magnificent. I might get a PS4 for this.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
Yeah... I don't care about this game. I will likely never buy it.
AC3 was terrible, and I just don't see the story going anywhere I care to explore. Ubisoft's overextension of the series and the money-grubbing ways it's been doled out (excised game parts sold as expansions, "what if" DLC being put out in pay-per-episode format, etc) have just killed any goodwill I have left for the series.

And frankly, as fun as the naval missions were, there should be MORE of them, not a game ABOUT them. Either the series trademark assassinations will suffer, or the ships stuff will become monotonous, like the Great Sea in Wind Waker.