New Games Added To Xbox 360 Backward Compatibility List

Shawn Andrich

Aug 4, 2006
New Games Added To Xbox 360 Backward Compatibility List

After concerns that Microsoft may end their backward compatibility program, a new update has been released.

Nearly three months after comments [http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=12934&rp=49] made by Peter Moore left gamers wondering if their favorite Xbox games would ever work on the 360, Microsoft has released a new update. The following games are now backward compatible or have been updated to work better.

Aggressive Inline
Aquaman: Battle of Atlantis
All Star Baseball 2003
All Star Baseball 2005
Burnout 3: Takedown
Catwoman
Crash Bandicoot: Nitro Kart UPDATED
Counter Strike
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Dead to Rights
Digimon Rumble Arena 2 UPDATED
ESPN Major League Baseball
Fatal Frame 2
Ford vs. Chevy UPDATED
Freaky Flyers
Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows
Tom Clancy´s Ghost Recon - Island Thunder
Half Life 2 UPDATED
The Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer UPDATED
IndyCar Series 2005
Kabuki Warrior UPDATED
Lego Star Wars II
Links 2004
Magatama UPDATED
Maximum Chase
Mortal Kombat: Deception UPDATED
MTX: Mototrax Featuring Travis Pastrana
Namco Museum 50th Anniversary Arcade Collection
MX vs. ATV Unleashed
Outlaw Tennis
Over the Hedge
Sid Meier's Pirates
Richard Burns Rally
Rogue Trooper
Serious Sam
Shincho Mahjong
Smashing Drive
Sneakers UPDATED
Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run
The Legend of Spyro: A Beginning
TAZ: Wanted
True Crime Streets of LA
The Suffering
Trigger Man
Torino Winter Olympics 2006
Vietcong
Wrath Unleashed
X-Men II: Wolverine's Revenge
There are still a number of titles that have not made it on the list, including Psychonauts [http://www.doublefine.com/news2006spring.htm].

Lex Darko

Aug 13, 2006
Really waiting for Shenmue 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and Phantom Dust, but atleast they got Aquaman working.

Adam LaMosca

Aug 7, 2006
In addition to Psychonauts, I'd really like to see Beyond Good and Evil and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath on the list.

jlaakso

Jul 14, 2006
Burnout! That's cool.

Personally I can't wait for Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future and especially Otogi. Outrun 2, too.

For me, getting a game on the BC list mainly means that A) I get to play it on Live, and B) I get to play it all over again. I got all over Amped 2 when it became BC. I'll likely play through Ninja Gaiden again, too.

Landslide

Jun 13, 2002
I'm irritated that I bought Flatout 2 and my 360 on the same day (Flatout 2 having just been released), and the damn thing won't run on the 360. Shouldn't current developers of Xbox games be taking 360 compatability into account, or is it an MS issue?

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Landslide said:
I'm irritated that I bought Flatout 2 and my 360 on the same day (Flatout 2 having just been released), and the damn thing won't run on the 360. Shouldn't current developers of Xbox games be taking 360 compatability into account, or is it an MS issue?
The story floated around the time of the 360 launch was that all new Xbox games would also play on the 360, but that hasn't proven to be the case.

Goofonian

Jul 14, 2006
My understanding was that developers could figure out the emulation code required to run their new xbox games on the 360 and include it on the disc so that it would work out of the box. No live connection or hard drive required.

What this would obviously do is double the QA effort required as the game would need to be tested both on the original box and on the emulated environment. Something that no publisher in their right mind would allow a developer to do, especially when they can send the game to microsoft after its gone gold and have the "ninjas" do it for them.

Lee Jinn

Aug 22, 2006
For all the crap Microsoft has taken for backwards compatibility, I think they're doing an OK job of it.

I still want many of the games already mentioned here: Shenmue 2, Beyond Good and Evil, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future, and of course Psychonauts.