Zelda Oracle Games Heading to U.S. eShop

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Zelda Oracle Games Heading to U.S. eShop

The Legend of Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma uses the Zelda Miiverse to confirm a western re-release for the Oracle games.

A short while ago the Japanese eShop <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122294-Legend-of-Zelda-Oracle-Games-Coming-to-Japanese-eShop>received a treat in the form The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons, two classic entries in the Zelda franchise that hadn't seen releases since their launch on the Game Boy Color. There was originally no word on when, or if, the two games would be joining the eShop in regions outside of Japan. Word is out now however, and it points to summer.

The announcement came via Eiji Aonuma, producer of the Zelda franchise. "Our plan is to release these two games in other territories some time before summer!" said Aonuma, posting a message on the official Zelda Miiverse board. Though no specific release date was mentioned, it's nice to know for certain that the games will be joining the ranks of the North American eShop in the next few months.

While the re-release of the Oracle titles is great on its own, it's just generally nice to see some steady support for the eShop, especially considering some of the problems Nintendo has had when it comes to its digital storefronts. The Virtual Console on the Wii saw a notable drop in new releases a few years after its launch, and just recently the eShop made headlines when it was revealed, to some annoyance, that gamers who bought digital games for the Wii would need to <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121672-Wii-U-Virtual-Console-Coming-Time-to-Repurchase-Your-Games>pay for them again on the Wii U.

Whatever Nintendo's faults may be when it comes to digital distribution there's no denying it has games people want, and in a few months the Oracle duo will be joining the list of titles we'll be buying and then probably buying again and again for years to come.

Source: <a href=http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/03/zelda_game_boy_color_oracle_duo_heading_to_western_3ds_eshops_before_summer>NintendoLife

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
DVS BSTrD said:
I predict the Oracle will make a hefty Prophet.
These games are rather a Link to the Past

Do you need to buy both to get the whole story?[

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
That's nice. These games were good. Not amazing, but good. I hope connectivity and GBA-exclusive features are properly implemented.
kailus13 said:
Eh, sort of. Each game can stand alone, and has its own story, but there's a different, overarching ending if you play them both.

P.S. Thanks

greasedweasel

Jul 28, 2009
For a Zelda title, I don't have many fond memories of Oracle of Ages. I vaguely remember getting stuck and giving up on it, but then I was 13 and generally sucked at most games. When I finally get round to buying a 3DS, I'll have to give it another go.

kailus13 said:
I only ever played Ages, but from what I understand each is a distinct game, rather than a Pokemon Red/Blue type dealy. The Wikipedia page gives a mildly spoilerific explanation of the way the two games interlink.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Grenge Di Origin said:
inb4 "THE ORACLE GAMES SUCKED, I LIEKD LINK'S AWAKENING BETTERRRRRRRR"
Those three games are my favorite Zelda titles, save for A Link to the Past.
They're positively amazing.

sethisjimmy

May 22, 2009
It's good that they're coming finally, but why the fuck did it take so long? I would have thought with them being some of the highest selling gameboy games to be released, and with Nintendo owning the license to resell them, it would be a no brainer.

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
It's kinda funny that I have already played these two games on my DS. =V

With state saves and fast-forwarding and such.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
This makes me a happy person. I lost my cartridge of Oracle of Seasons long ago and I didn't want to pay a fortune to be able to replace it.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
sethisjimmy said:
It's good that they're coming finally, but why the fuck did it take so long? I would have thought with them being some of the highest selling gameboy games to be released, and with Nintendo owning the license to resell them, it would be a no brainer.
I can't say this with any amount of certainty at all, but I'd guess (and hope) Nintendo used this time to implement game linking into their VC emulator, so that these games could be played properly. If they released both the games, but no way to share data between them, it'd be a kick in the pants to Oracle fans.

P.S. Thanks

AdamG3691

Nov 18, 2009
Covarr said:
sethisjimmy said:
I can't say this with any amount of certainty at all, but I'd guess (and hope) Nintendo used this time to implement game linking into their VC emulator, so that these games could be played properly. If they released both the games, but no way to share data between them, it'd be a kick in the pants to Oracle fans.

P.S. Thanks
get password
open notepad app thingy
copy down password
open game 2
input password
win.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Something interesting: once Wind Waker HD comes out, with the exception of Four Swords Adventure, every single Zelda game is now playable on current generation Nintendo systems.

And people still seem to think backwards compatibility is hard.