Assassin's Creed Director Returns to Ubisoft

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Assassin's Creed Director Returns to Ubisoft

Patrice Désilets is officially back at the company he left in 2010 thanks to Ubisoft's acquisition of THQ's Montreal studio.

Almost three years ago, acclaimed game developer Patrice Désilets that studio was purchased by Ubisoft [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101319-Assassins-Creed-Creative-Director-Leaves-Ubisoft] as part of THQ's going out of business sale. So where does that leave Désilets? Back at the publisher he left in 2010, apparently; Ubisoft has confirmed that the Assassin's Creed creative director is officially back.

According to a spokesperson, Ubisoft is "very pleased to welcome Patrice to Ubisoft again," and the publisher believes "that this renewed partnership will produce new ideas and high-quality titles for Ubisoft's customers." The statement didn't mention what games Désilets will be working on now that he's officially part of the Ubisoft family again, but THQ Montreal's games in development were scooped up in the sale, so presumably he will continue working on them.

Considering that THQ wasn't a huge fan [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108887-THQ-in-Legal-Trouble-for-Poaching-Ubisoft-Staff] of recent Assassin's Creed games, but it remains to be seen whether he'll end up working on the series again.

Source: Polygon [http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/14/4104556/acclaimed-game-designer-desilets-returns-to-ubisoft-after-thq-collapse]

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Maybe if he gets involved, AC will be about, you know, assassinating people again.
That and he won't go kicking up a fuss saying people are racist for liking games from Japan.

I hope 4 is good.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Patrice Désilets on his first day at THQ Montreal: "Oh man! I sure am glad to be shot of Ubisoft, I hated having those guys as bosses!"

*Ubisoft purchases THQ Montreal*

I wonder if he is happy about it, I can only assume he chose to leave Ubisoft for a good reason.

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
Funny how life works sometimes, eh? I guess only time will tell how long he remains with Ubisoft this time around.

Brainwreck

Dec 2, 2012
Ubisoft can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
I have this overwhelming image in my mind of Patrice in a hole in the ground, with Ubisoft above screaming: "It puts the lotion on its skin!"

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
So this is good news, right? I thought something didn't feel right about AC:Revelations and AC III. They were good, but not on the same level as the previous 3 console games.

Triality

May 9, 2011
Ubisoft Exec: ...

Patrice: ...

Ubisoft Exec: ...

Patrice: ...

Ubisoft Exec: I told you there'd be no escaping us, Patty-boy.

Patrice: Le-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
BurnedOutMyEyes said:
Ubisoft can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever.
Because some men don't want anything logical, like money. They just want to watch the gaming industry burn.

OT- Right, can I get the next ACII Ubisoft? I've been patient as I honestly didn't like ACIII. I really didn't, but ACII was one of my favorite games of all time and still is. I've never quite played anything like it at the time I played it.