War Never Changes in Metro: Last Light "Salvation" Trailer

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
War Never Changes in Metro: Last Light "Salvation" Trailer

Even at the end of the world, where humanity goes, folly and misery follow.

You would think that turning the surface of the Earth into a shattered wasteland would be enough to convince humanity to give up its warlike ways, but no. Human nature is not so easily changed, and even forced to live like rats in tiny colonies underground, there will always be those who seek to dominate others by force.

Is that bleak? That's Metro, baby! For the benefit of those who missed last year's "Survivor" trailers, like this one [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/trailers/6578-Metro-Last-Light-The-Model-Trailer] about the joys of being a Russian supermodel in Post-Apocalyptica, the world as portrayed in 4A Games' underground shooter franchise is unrelentingly dark and hostile. And while the new "Salvation" trailer dangles a hint of hope, this "other" in which our destiny may lie may not necessarily be good for us either, especially if the canon ending of Metro 2033 is as advertised.

Metro: Last Light comes out on May 14 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
I preferred the Genesis trailer to this one, at least the Dark Ones are back after being blown up in the first game.

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
If it's anything like the first game, I'm sold. Loved Metro 2033.

Also if it's anything like the first game it will break my PC in half

wolf thing

Nov 18, 2009
Look they are fighting in a phalanx like in the book and in there's Nazis and communists just like in the book. totally hipped for this.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
God damn, I better get back onto 2033 and finish it, I forgot this was coming out so soon!

Fortunately because of the promotional deal I got it on PC for free, which is amazing. Playing it on Xbox wasn't all that great.

Captcha wanted me to describe FaceBook with any word, apparently shit is acceptable.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
CardinalPiggles said:
God damn, I better get back onto 2033 and finish it, I forgot this was coming out so soon!

Fortunately because of the promotional deal I got it on PC for free, which is amazing. Playing it on Xbox wasn't all that great.

Captcha wanted me to describe FaceBook with any word, apparently shit is acceptable.
Slapping the keyboard a couple of times works as well.

So the Release date is confirmed for the 14th? Yay.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Desert Punk said:
Ed130 said:
I preferred the Genesis trailer to this one, at least the Dark Ones are back after being blown up in the first game.
Its disappointing that THAT was the canon ending.

It would be rather cool though if they had it look at your last saved game from 2033 to pick the ending you picked.
The issue with that is that they'd have had to make two entirely different campaigns for each one.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Looking forward to it, Russia seems to do post-apocalypse very well. I guess it goes to show they're as scared as the West of nuclear war even on a social and artistic level.

GlorySeeker

Oct 6, 2010
Loved the first game. Picked up on a facebook ad, for free. And was totally impressed. Sad to see THQ go when they have such a good game on the cusp of being released.

Off topic, this is based on a book? How old is this book, and is it a good read?