Bastion Heralds Weekly Humble Bundle Sales

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Bastion Heralds Weekly Humble Bundle Sales

The Humble Bundle folks have launched a new weekly "pay what you want" sale, and the indie hit Bastion is leading the way.

You know by now that the Humble Bundles are collections of games, usually but not always indie, offered on an irregular basis at any price you care to pay. But now the people behind it are trying something else: a weekly pay-what-you-want sale on a single game. And the first title up for grabs is a doozy.

If you, like me, are among the small slice of gaming humanity who haven't yet played Bastion and then immediately raved about it to everyone within earshot, this is something you should pay attention to. Not only can you score both the Steam and DRM-free versions of the game for as little as a single, measly dollar, but if you beat the average purchase price, currently $2.59, you'll also take home the soundtrack, a digital art pack, the Bastion soundtrack sheet music and iPhone and Android ringtones. And for $25, which includes worldwide shipping, you'll get all the digital stuff plus a Bastion Bandana, a soundtrack CD and printed Bastion and Transistor postcards - Transistor being Supergiant's next game, which you can read more about right here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122789-Bastion-Creator-Reveals-Transistor-Offers-A-Short-Trailer].

The Humble Bundle Bastion Sale runs until next Tuesday, at which point another game will be put on the block. It's a seriously sweet deal, and even if you already have the game it's a good way to pick up the soundtrack and a few other goodies on the cheap. And if you don't, well, there's really no reason to let it slide anymore. Get in on the action at humblebundle.com [https://www.humblebundle.com/].

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
If you, like me, are among the small slice of gaming humanity who haven't yet played Bastion and then immediately raved about it to everyone within earshot, this is something you should pay attention to.
Please tell me you have used this sale to correct this egregious insult to both yourself and good taste. 'tis the perfect opportunity.

OT: I like this idea. Not sure how much I'll actually buy from it, but I am quite intrigued by weekly humble bundle sales. I've found some real gems through the bundles in the past.

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
Used this to grab the soundtrack and other goodies although I already own Bastion. However though the soundtrack doesn't seem to appear in my Humble library, just the sheet music, ringtones and art pack. Does anyone know if it is included in the steam key? I guess I'll just wait a little, don't have time atm anyways ;(

Other than that: Quick, everyone buy this game if you haven't already, it is awesome!

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Agayek said:
Please tell me you have used this sale to correct this egregious insult to both yourself and good taste. 'tis the perfect opportunity.
Did it as soon as the post went up. No idea when I'll be able to play it, but at least I'll have it.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
rofltehcat said:
Used this to grab the soundtrack and other goodies although I already own Bastion. However though the soundtrack doesn't seem to appear in my Humble library, just the sheet music, ringtones and art pack. Does anyone know if it is included in the steam key? I guess I'll just wait a little, don't have time atm anyways ;(

Other than that: Quick, everyone buy this game if you haven't already, it is awesome!
I believe it's in the Steam key. I know there's a version of the game on Steam that includes the soundtrack, so I assume they gave you the key for that.

thephill

Nov 24, 2010
rofltehcat said:

Above the download button for the game is a 'music' tab click there for the soundtrack mp3 or FLAC.

OT: One of my fave games. just got it again to get the bandanna and stuff.

mixadj

Oct 23, 2010
So what I am trying to figure out is if you pay the $25 do you get ALL the swag or just a choice of one? I already picked up Bastion in one of the previous humble bundles but all these goodies are so enticing......

SillySam

Mar 15, 2011
If I don't already have Bastion from another Humble Bundle, I'd pick this up in a heartbeat

This weekly deal is certainly intriguing, can't wait to see what else they have in store

TJC

Aug 28, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
Sweetening the pot with the soundtrack is pretty cool. Plus...Sheet music. Weird, but okay.
as a guitar player myself, I found the sheets awesome and well done. If you pay an instrument, it's a really nice bonus indeed.

OT: gonna join the chorus and say: If you don't have it yet, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! errrm, I mean, get it now, it's worth a LOT more than it is being offered right now.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
TJC said:
as a guitar player myself, I found the sheets awesome and well done. If you pay an instrument, it's a really nice bonus indeed.
I'm terible with sheet music. Which is weird, considering how I spent 12 years playing trombone effectively.

Still, cool enough.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
What. Fuck you. Why do this when I'm broke. God damn it. Now I'm sad. Oh well; at least Transistor's been announced; looks excellent. :D