Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Coming to Wii U

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Coming to Wii U

The Wii U version of the game will include The Missing Link DLC and boast a number of console-specific enhancements.

Eidos Montreal announced today that its hit action game Deus Ex: Human Revolution will be coming to the Wii U in an expanded and improved "Director's Cut." The updated edition of the game will include a number of enhancements designed to take advantage of the Wii U gamepad, including touch-screen hacking, interactive map editing, augmented sniping, grenade throwback and "many other neural hub enhancements." I'm not sure what most of that means but it sounds like you'll be doing an awful lot of poking at that Wii U mini-screen thing.

Human Revolution on the Wii U will also include content that wasn't included with the standard release of the game, including the Tracer Tong rescue mission, which was previously available as a preorder bonus, and the post-release DLC The Missing Link that followed Adam Jensen's not-entirely-pleasant romp through a Belltower naval base.

The Wii U edition will also feature improved AI, enhanced visuals, "overhauled" boss fights and other refinements to balance and combat. No official release date has been set but an Amazon entry, which has since been removed but not before it was captured for posterity by Joystiq, stated that the Human Revolution Director's Cut [http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/19/deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut/] will launch on May 7.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
"The Director's cut" Total horse shit. I am glad the wii U has perfected Nintendo's tradition of horrible ports and games that are 15 bucks on every other platform with shoehorned gimmicks.

greasedweasel

Jul 28, 2009
Aww, hell yeah. If current trends continue I'll be able to catch up on all the AAA releases I missed out on this generation on account of being a Nintendo fanboy. Just as soon as I find £250 worth of change down the back of my sofa and actually buy a Wii U.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
The Wii U edition will also feature improved AI, enhanced visuals, "overhauled" boss fights and other refinements to balance and combat.
Not fair!

I am playing it right now on the PC, and the idiotic AI is irritating me, as well having to haul around large guns when I am playing as a pacifist, purely for the bosses.

The cover art looks pretty awesome though.

Lono Shrugged said:
I am glad the wii U has perfected Nintendo's tradition of horrible ports
How do you know it is a terrible port?

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Legion said:
Not fair!

I am playing it right now....
I was reading up on more details at Eurogamer and the redo for Wii U makes it almost sound like an entirely different game. The boss fights were originally done by a 3rd party, so Eidos started them from scratch.

There's anti-aliasing now and it appears the Wii U port isn't so much a port as it was an opportunity to tweak everything they thought was wrong with the original release.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Hmmm, might look at picking this up actually, been a while since I played it, gives me an opportunity to play the Missing Link DLC, the Wii U Gamepad features sound neat and it'll be interesting to see the re-worked boss fights.

Plus it's another game to actually pick up for the Wii U, which is always nice.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I never asked for this!

I guess it's cool for Wii U owners. But if they're fixing boss fights they should release that patch for other systems as well. Or just release the Director's Cut as the ultimate version of the game on all systems. I'd buy it. I don't see a reason not too.

As for new AI I call bullshit on that. It's probably just the AI that was on the PC version of the game. Which was better than console version AI.

Toilet

Feb 22, 2012
Porting it to the WiiU with extra content, new options and application of the touch screen won't make it any more that a very average game. I don't see what the big deal is, Deus Ex is one of the most overrated game series, Human Revolution is average in every way and I have seen other better games do what Human Revolution does so much better.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Toilet said:
Porting it to the WiiU with extra content, new options and application of the touch screen won't make it any more that a very average game. I don't see what the big deal is, Deus Ex is one of the most overrated game series, Human Revolution is average in every way and I have seen other better games do what Human Revolution does so much better.
Alright then. Name a few hub based dystopian cyberpunk stealth/action RPG's that are better than Deus Ex.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Ah... I sort of thought when they said that the new Nintendo console would have strong third-party support, that meant something other than "we'll port two-year-old games to it."

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a heckuva good game. But I suspect if you were really interested in playing it, you would have done so by now. It currently runs about $20 on Amazon and Steam alike. It's hard to imagine the Wii's touchpad controller bringing such new heights of gaming ecstasy that it would be worth waiting several more months and most likely paying an extra $20 or more for it.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Capitano Segnaposto said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Just how "overhauled" are we talking?
From what we know:

- New A.I.
- New Graphical Options (AA, Primarily from what I heard)
- Added content without paying for it
- Overhauled the "boss" content (from what I gather, you can actually talk them down now or not fight them at all)
If that's the case, then why wouldn't they want to release on across consoles? I mean, I know it's not a relatively new game now, but I'm sure there's many people that would appreciate the improvements, myself among them.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
hmm, interesting. If they do a fundamental overhaul of some stuff it could have potential. Still, I'd rather people do NEW stuff for the system instead of giving it ports.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"Director's Cut."

Ohhh. We used to call it "Belated release". Of an old game with super useless AI.
Well, at least the AI is *claimed* to be improved.

I would say "we'll see about that AI improvement", but we won't, as Wii-U sales are not exactly way up there...

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Just how "overhauled" are we talking?
Hopefully removed. Or at least arranged so that you can skirt around the boss fights. There was nothing more satisfying than sneaking past Gunter after all the taunting he did in the original Deus Ex. I liked to imagine him explaining to his boss how he never saw me once. And then being fired for his incompetence.

Jan 27, 2011
...*grumble*

I'd be really pissed at this, except that Deus Ex HR is currently at the very top of my favourite games of all time list, and thus I want to see it do well (again).

But if they don't port over the improves boss fights and stuff, I'm gonna be a bit upset, though. I played it on PS3 and while I didn't have any issues with the AI, the boss fights really pissed me off.

.......*Sigh* I don't have a Wii-u and don't really want one yet. But this is tempting me. If I had a Wiiu I would probably buy it again. x_x