Magicka's Wizards Team-Kill on Tablets

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Magicka's Wizards Team-Kill on Tablets

Magicka: Wizards of the Square Tablet brings the original's co-op gameplay to a much smaller screen.

When Paradox Interactive <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122900-Magicka-Goes-PvP-in-Wizard-Wars-Sequel>announced its upcoming Magicka MOBA, it wasn't the only new release planned for the series. The publisher is also extending Magicka to mobile markets with an all-new title intended exclusively for tablets. Designed by Bob Came in Pieces developer Ludosity, Magicka: Wizards of the Square Tablet features a new campaign for up to four players along with the humor and custom items of the original.

As seen in the attached trailer, WotST forgoes Magicka's 3D visual style in favor of 2D brawling gameplay. Players progress through animated side-scrolling environments, battling monsters new and familiar, all while collecting loot drops along the way. Magicka's elemental system has also been transferred to the tablet version, where touchscreen controls should make spellcasting a relatively straightforward process. Which is useful, because friendly fire is as deadly as ever. As always, "accidental" team kills will pose as much of a hazard as the monsters you face.

Magicka: WotST is now available for both Android and iOS tablets. While the campaigns appear identical, select spells and items will be exclusive to each version. Whichever platform you choose, the game supports cross-play between them, allowing even more opportunities to curse the clumsy fingers of friends.

Source: Magicka: Wizards of the Square Tablet

xdiesp

Oct 21, 2007
I love Magicka, but please let me play this on the pc too.

captcha: pants on the ground

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
looks like they could easily have a Castle Crashers crossover, lol

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Mr.K. said:
Ok where was that Android emulator because I need this on the double.
You can run android with a virtual machine you know. It's free and legal. I do it. I use Parallels desktop on my mac to do it.