Shatner and the Gorn Do Co-Op Star Trek

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Shatner and the Gorn Do Co-Op Star Trek

William Shatner gets together with an old friend for some co-op Star Trek gaming, with gloriously inevitable results.

I don't know if Star Trek: The Videogame will be any good, although given that it's a tie-in to a summer blockbuster I'm not holding my breath. But I can say with confidence that this ad starring William Shatner, AKA the original (read: real) Captain Kirk, and an old, boulder-tossing friend is nothing short of awesome.

It's nice to see that they've mostly-sort-of patched things up since the classic Star Trek original series episode "Arena," (which I implore you to see if you haven't, if only because it features one of the most famous (or perhaps infamous) Star Trek fights of all time) but even so, you have to feel a little bad for poor Bill. 45 years later and the guy still has to put up with this kind of guffola. But can you believe the guy is 82 years old? The man's an octogenarian and still judo-chopping the crap out of giant, hissing lizardmen.

The Gorn as they appear in the trailer are considerably different than they appeared in the original series, but the race is famous for being far more heard of than actually seen, and the CGI version seen in Enterprise presented them in a far different light too. And hey, it's not as though Star Trek has never dramatically altered the appearance of other alien races - Klingons, anyone?

Man. 45 years. Now I'm starting to feel too old for this kind of thing too.

Star Trek: The Videogame [http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-microsoft-xbox-360/dp/B007ZQJN1Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364579313&sr=8-1&keywords=star+trek+the+video+game] comes out on April 23 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
I just watched an octogenarian beat up a lizard man. Your argument is invalid.

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
Does this make anyone else want a Star Trek game made by Telltale Games? As in the original series but in the a cartoony style...

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Dr.Awkward said:
Does this make anyone else want a Star Trek game made by Telltale Games? As in the original series but in the a cartoony style...
Have you seen the Star Trek Animated series?

An adventure game with this style of animation with the original music and sound effects would be the awesomest thing ever in the history of awesome!

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
I'm calling it, Shatner's shirt remaining intact will get the award for the best CGI this year.

RonHiler

Sep 16, 2004
That was, in a word, hilarious. Whoever wrote that trailer ought to get an award.

Andy Chalk said:
you have to feel a little bad for poor Bill. 45 years later and the guy still has to put up with this kind of guffola.
I take issue with this statement. He doesn't HAVE to do them (I'm sure Bill is quite well off), he chooses to do them. Which is quite cool of him, if you ask me.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
William Shatner doesn't look a day older than 60. Leonard Nemoy however, looks like the crypt keeper.

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
Shatner told the the Gorn he was over acting
The irony... it's almost as much a Shatner's ego.
Hey man, if anyone is an authority on "over-acting" it is The Shat.

OT: Not sure if I will pick this up, probably gonna want to wait for a review or two to come out.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Huge trekkie, not that much into TOS.
But I've got to hand it to Bill: great that he's STILL willing to play ball with trek!!!

Chapeau dude!

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
Only thing to make this more awesome?

THE FIGHT MUSIC!!!

Okay it's not from the Gorn fight but come on! I didn't even think it was possible for the MUSIC to over act, Star Trek proved me wrong.

Yelchor

Aug 30, 2009
An alien species in Star Trek that actually looks unique and cool, not like a human in a low-budget suit, that might even be -original-?

...And they're reduced to stereotypical, illogically aggressive antagonists that has no regard for their own well-being whatsoever.

I thought Star Trek was intellectual.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Parentheses within parentheses?? How- ...I- this is an outrage! (An outrage!)

Yelchor said:
It was once. Then The Next Generation films happened.

And I'd rather have this decently well-stupid schlock than the "we think we're smart but Patrick Stewart is pretending to be Bruce Willis" schlock.

TheSYLOH

Feb 5, 2010
Andy of Comix Inc said:
Parentheses within parentheses?? How- ...I- this is an outrage! (An outrage!)

Yelchor said:
It was once. Then The Next Generation films happened.
All that smarts...
Gorn with the wind.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
rembrandtqeinstein said:
Dr.Awkward said:
Have you seen the Star Trek Animated series?

An adventure game with this style of animation with the original music and sound effects would be the awesomest thing ever in the history of awesome!
Quoted for Truth!!

I Would so buy that!