Newest Last of Us TV Ad Gets Stretched into Story Trailer

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
Newest Last of Us TV Ad Gets Stretched into Story Trailer

The short teaser for The Last of Us which aired this past Sunday during The Walking Dead caused quite a stir on social networks. If you missed it - or even if you saw the original - you'll be happy to learn that Sony has released an extended version of the clip which showcases some tasty story elements.

Ellie is featured prominently throughout the newly elongated trailer, and we get a closer look at Joel's motivations for letting her tag along as well. Check out the trailer below.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Wish I had a PS3. This is looking gooooooooooood.

I mean, I am fucking sick of zombie stories... but they have a way of making for some good character studies.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
On the one hand I'm, "Oh look, cinematics... *sigh*"

But than on the other I'm, "Woohoohoo, look at those cinematics!"

Naughty Dog sure knows how to present believable and authentic characters. They might on occasion be a bit smug and annoying, but believable nonetheless.

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
I avoided any hype about this game so far because it looks right up my alley and I don't want to get my hopes up. Good presentation though, hope they can deliver.

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
Still not buying a PS3, but really looking forward to a Let's Play of it. I hope someone will do one and not talk the whole damn time. Especially during dialogue. (Anyone know a good person/site to go to for this...?)

I had considered buying a PS3 back when this was first announced to play this, but I've since gotten even more miserly, especially with the new consoles coming out so soon.

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
Sigh... I'm really starting to feel sad about Naughty Dog's situation. This game really feels like it's trying to get the attention of an audience that doesn't have the console, but said audience has no desire to own one, especially this late in its run. Calling back to the big sales jump Alan Wake got when it finally came to PC, perhaps it's time to reconsider how valuable their contract with Sony is if they want to get the most sales out of the interested parties...

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Dr.Awkward said:
Sigh... I'm really starting to feel sad about Naughty Dog's situation. This game really feels like it's trying to get the attention of an audience that doesn't have the console, but said audience has no desire to own one, especially this late in its run. Calling back to the big sales jump Alan Wake got when it finally came to PC, perhaps it's time to reconsider how valuable their contract with Sony is if they want to get the most sales out of the interested parties...
Just being Naughty Dog will guarantee that the game will sell a couple million copies. It won't have a hard time with sales. Also I am 100% sure that Naughty Dog is owned by Sony, not just contracted.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
valium said:
I sure hope this comes out for PC.

Is that the voice of Jim Raynor?
No idea about the voice, but it probably won't be coming out for PC. Naughty Dog has been Sony exclusive for many, many years now.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
redisforever said:
valium said:
I sure hope this comes out for PC.

Is that the voice of Jim Raynor?
No idea about the voice, but it probably won't be coming out for PC. Naughty Dog has been Sony exclusive for many, many years now.
I also don't think many people realize that unlike Insomniac, Naughty Dog is actually owned by Sony.

Quiotu

Mar 7, 2008
Dr.Awkward said:
I think this is happening for a number of reasons for Naughty Dog.

I think they realize that the Uncharted series has run its course after four games (Vita game included), and they need to start fresh. Taking survival/horror and trying to present it in a new way, or trying to add elements that were previously in old mainstream survival/horror games (good story, low ammo, a real sense of tension) is a noble goal in my mind.

I also think they could've waited and put Last of Us on the PS4, but converting what they already had would've been a nightmare. The PS3 and PS4 have vastly different architectures, so I'm guessing Last of Us is the PS3's last big mainstream exclusive before they start moving to the PS4. Well, maybe second to last... if The Last Guardian ever comes out.

Plus, look at it this way. Once the PS4 is out, you might legitimately see Sony's exclusives hit the PC market, because PS4 games will be quite easy to port. I just have a funny feeling Sony will be selling them through a PC version of the PSN. I think that's their endgame with the PS4, setting up an easy way to port games to PC and to another market using an already established PSN and PS+ program. I think they may be trying to create a legitimate rival to Steam with their own exclusives and indie titles. We'll have to wait and see if that's what happens and how well it works... it couldn't be any worse than Origin.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Looking like a great TV sho....haha,yeah...Not quite sure what their going for but this looks like I'm watching the HBO channel in England.