French Filmmaker Teases Incredible Diablo Fan Film

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
French Filmmaker Teases Incredible Diablo Fan Film

These filmmakers went above and beyond to showcase their dedication to the world of Diablo.

The same team of awesome French independent filmmakers who brought us last year's Star Wars: The Old Republic Fan Film Hope [http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_785451&feature=iv&src_vid=WwFApBIixUk&v=Ppn89Nc29PQ] are at it again. This time, they're bringing us their real passion: Diablo. During the production of last year's Star Wars film, Diablo III was released, and filmmaker Michael Schaack knew right then what his next movie would be. One of the stars of his previous film was Yann Salim Abidi Dominique Duche, who in addition to having a a plethora of names is a breakdancer, choreographer, and actor. Schaack decided that Abidi was perfect for a film based on the Diablo novels - the story of a man possessed by the drive of a suit of magic armor.

Schaack paid for the film out of his own pocket, no mean feat for an independent filmmaker just showing his passion for a game. The amount of work that went into the film is pretty awe inspiring - from original music based on the game score to scrubbing the reflections of green screen out of polished armor. All of this isn't to mention having someone forge actual weapons and armor for the movie. If you're interested in a bit more story behind the making of the film, as well as the shenanigans and near death experiences Abidi has while wearing a 70kg suit of functioning gothic plate armor, then check out the Fan Film making of feature [http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_276318&feature=iv&src_vid=WwFApBIixUk&v=IOzD8LQajEc] that Schaack has posted online.

Stuberfinn88

Nov 13, 2009
Aww I was hoping the animation for diablo would be better, the walk cycle was ok, but the foot stomp didnt look right, and the ending scene where he is about to get attacked looks atrocious.

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
The Gentleman said:
Am I the only one who thinks this sounds better in French?
probably because in the entire video there's not a single word of french ?

sound like latin, but maybe it just sound latin and didnt actually mean anything

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
cathou said:
The Gentleman said:
Am I the only one who thinks this sounds better in French?
probably because in the entire video there's not a single word of french ?

sound like latin, but maybe it just sound latin and didnt actually mean anything
Sounded French and definitely wasn't Latin, Spanish, German, Russian (or any slavic-based language), or English, so you'll excuse me if I thought it was French...

ScruffyMcBalls

Apr 16, 2012
Looks a damn sight better than most of these pieces of shit fan films that've been floating around, anyone remember Mass Effect or *shudder* Sonic? I agree with The Gentleman, sounds awesome in French. Only problem is if it's going to follow the novels. I didn't find them that faithful to the lore of the game and generally didn't find them that good of a read, but so long as it's done well something could be made of it.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Well, that looked freaking amazing is what I can say. I'm definitely keeping my eye on this one.

And yes, it is in french, I can vouch for that. I did primary french classes in high school. Even some of the comments are in french on youtube as well as the description on the video.

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
DarkhoIlow said:
Well, that looked freaking amazing is what I can say. I'm definitely keeping my eye on this one.

And yes, it is in french, I can vouch for that. I did primary french classes in high school. Even some of the comments are in french on youtube as well as the description on the video.
i dont really want to insist, but it's not french. my first language is french, i use it every day... they have a french accent, and they guys that made it are french, but it sound latin-ish to me.

regardless, it's a very good trailer, i really hope they will finish the full movie soon