Minecraft XBLA Update 10 Kills Bugs Dead

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Minecraft XBLA Update 10 Kills Bugs Dead

The next update for the Xbox Live Arcade incarnation of Minecraft is imminent, but don't expect any big new changes.

Dubbed "Update 10," the next addition to 4J Studios' port of Mojang's wildly successful sandbox title fixes a number of issues found in the game, and offers players little else. Have a look at the newly published list of things the update does and does not do:

Fixes:

- Fix for Silver LIVE profiles getting an error message on loading a save.
- Fix for lighting bug causing unlit areas even when light sources were placed in the these areas.
- Fixed slowdown caused by explosions (TNT and Creepers).
- Fixed frame rate slowdown in The End being experienced by some players until the Endercrystals were destroyed.
- Fixed crash when placing lots of Item Frames with Maps inside.
- Fixed collision box issue at the top of Ladders.
- Fixed issues with animals taking damage randomly, or falling through the wooden planks floors.
- Made Dispenser suck water/lava back into an empty bucket.
- Fix for Potion Bottles being launched from a Dispenser.
- Enabled placing Pressure Plates on Nether Fence.
- Fixed an issue with Fire Charges sticking at the edge of the world.
- Change to not be able to place more than the maximum amount of Paintings/Item Frames, rather than removing previously placed ones.
- Stop players from interacting with Item Frames and Paintings when 'Can Build and Mine' is disabled.
- Fixed the Custom Skin Animation setting not working.
- Play the correct sound on hitting the Enderdragon.

While this update does nothing to increase the already-sizable amount of content found in Minecraft XBLA, these are important fixes. If you've just trained a pack of wolves you don't want to lose the alpha to that bizarre glitch that was causing animals to fall through the floor of the world.

That said, the XBLA version of Minecraft is still lagging far behind its PC counterpart in terms of what content can be seen in the game. This disparity wasn't a huge problem when Minecraft was the only game of its kind on Xbox Live, but with the relatively recent release of Terraria - a 2D sandbox title that focuses more on adventuring than haphazard construction projects - Minecraft suddenly has to step up its game to remain the top dog of its subgenre. Especially as the XBLA version of Terraria doesn't feature size-limited in-game worlds for players to explore as a result of the Xbox 360's memory limitations, like Minecraft does.

There's no set date for when Update 10 will be released, but as with all prior Minecraft updates, this thing will be delivered to you absolutely gratis. All you need do is play Minecraft at some point after the Update is live. Modern technology will handle the rest.

Source: 4J Studios [http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1274802-mcxbla-title-update-change-logs-title-update-10/]

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Good to see they are quick to fix the bugs already but I was really hoping for those upside down stairs and slabs along with corner stairs since that would have added to more creations but I've been having a blast with the new wood types and the End so far.

Also loving Teraria's controls on Xbox.

the_retro_gamer

Apr 8, 2013
Now all they have to do to make Minecraft on the Xbox better is to increase the map size. The current size is just pain terrible because you run out of room real fast especially if you are playing with a bunch of friends.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I got my hopes up that they added the option to have all the mobs EXCEPT for spiders and cave spiders.

Goddamn arachnophobia. Hell, not even that, they're blocks visually. But that...noise...I hear it in my nightmares. Literally.

Gormech

May 10, 2012
Anyone else notice it? No? Okay then ...

They forgot to remove Herobrine this time.

Edit: Oh wait, false alarm. It's listed in the fixes section.

Double Edit: THEY DIDN'T REMOVE HIM. I read the wrong date thing. I repeat, they did not remove him this time. Begin countermeasures immediately.

SangreSani

Oct 2, 2012
Gormech said:
Anyone else notice it? No? Okay then ...

They forgot to remove Herobrine this time.

Edit: Oh wait, false alarm. It's listed in the fixes section.

Double Edit: THEY DIDN'T REMOVE HIM. I read the wrong date thing. I repeat, they did not remove him this time. Begin countermeasures immediately.
I had an idea to fix this whole herobrine flibdoodle. Make it so he ONLY appears when a herobrine shrine is built (I can't exactly remember what order/contents are). If they do this at least two things will happen. 1.Players won't get worried if he randomly appears and divides by 0. 2.4j and Mojang won't lose sales over this 'Bug'/ Notch's dead brother or whatever the internet is calling him these days.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I'm not sure if these are only temporary bugs, but I was on Minecraft for the Xbox the other day and the lighting and explosion bugs were actually worse. After the last update I was able to detonate huge amounts of TNT without the game lagging too badly. When I was on the other day a large amount of TNT nearly crashed my game. And the lighting was fucking up quite a bit compared to normal. Again, I don't know if that was just temporary because I was only on for about an hour or so and haven't been on since, but still. Really though, I'm hoping that with one of the next updates that they will increase the map size. If they plan on adding more biomes and whatnpt then they'll have to if they don't want everything looking cramped and halfassed.

michael87cn

Jan 12, 2011
I disagree, the Xbox version isn't really lagging behind that badly. It's still very much the same game.