Q.U.B.E To Bend Minds on Wii U

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Q.U.B.E To Bend Minds on Wii U

Toxic games confirms Q.U.B.E is coming to Wii U and hints at a potential Vita port.

The Wii U isn't exactly rolling in AAA games, but at least it's relatively well represented on the indie puzzler front. At least, it will be when Toxic Games' IndieFund-backed puzzler, Q.U.B.E hits both of its screens at some undefined point in the future.

"We are really looking forward to releasing on the console," said creative director, Jonathan Savery, after tweeting a picture of the game running on the Wii U gamepad. "We heard there aren't many games available on the console yet so being on there will be a great opportunity to reach the game out to as many people as possible. It's exciting stuff!"

When asked if Q.U.B.E might see a release on the similarly game-starved PlayStation Vita, the studio's official twitter response was, "quite possibly!"

Q.U.B.E was already a success on the PC, having made enough to pay back its $80k IndieFund loan in just four days. The game was fun, if a little on the short side, but it suffered from obvious comparisons to Portal, which is superficially resembles. Comparisons to Portal, particularly when it comes to narrative elements, are rarely kind, and Q.U.B.E went on to receive mixed reviews.

Source: Twitter [https://twitter.com/qubegame/status/323105141161070593]

Parakeettheprawn

Apr 6, 2013
As someone who's trying to get an indie team together, I am loving the show of support Sony and Nintendo are giving indie devs!

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
DVS BSTrD said:
I'm rather Charmed by the power of three, but I'll be sticking Microsoft

...for now.
I do not get this joke. Please explain.

This seems interesting, but not enough to get me to buy a WiiU. The inevitable Zelda game probably will though.

Savrill

Jun 5, 2009
Charmed - a series about three witches with 'the power of three' and then 3 platforms (WII U Vita PC)....I guess :)

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
I'm rather Charmed by the power of three, but I'll be sticking Microsoft

...for now.
I'm seeing Brian Krause, Holly Marie Combs and Shannen Doherty at Oz Comic Con this year. I missed out at seeing Rose McGowan :( at supernova. You jelly?