Ace Attorney 5 Sees The Return of Phoenix Wright

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Ace Attorney 5 Sees The Return of Phoenix Wright

The new game will launch in Japan on July 25th, fingers crossed we get an English release!

When we last left Phoenix Wright, the hero of the Ace Attorney courtroom simulators, he was in a bit of a sorry state. Delegated to being a back-seat minor character after handing the reins over to young up-and-comer Apollo Justice, Wright had really let himself go, looking more like a street tramp than a courtroom shark. The latest issue of Famitsu [http://www.famitsu.com/] magazine has shown us an image of everyone's favorite defense attorney in a new take on his traditional blue suit, and has revealed the game's release date and pre-order bonuses.

The game will launch in Japan on July 25th, where it is known as Gyakuten Saiban 5. Purchase Gyakuten 5 before August 15, and you'll be given some free alternate-outfit DLC. It includes Phoenix's original suit from the first three Ace Attorneys, and one new outfit each for Apollo Justice and Kokone Kizuki, the as-yet-unnamed-in-English woman who helps Phoenix out in this installment.

While the latest Ace Attorney game, Ace Attorney Investigations 2, was not given an English port [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109175-Capcoms-Not-Porting-Latest-Ace-Attorney-To-The-USA] due to poor sales of Investigations 1, here's hoping that the latest installment of the main series will see a translation, as the original four Ace Attorney games proved to be smash hits when they were first released.

The Famitsu preview revealed that Apollo Justice, the main character of Ace Attorney 4, will be a playable character in the game's courtroom scenes. In addition, it offered us a glimpse of one of the game's bad guys, a prosecutor named Jin Yugami. Jin is currently serving time for murder, but has been allowed to temporarily return as a prosecutor for some reason. I would assuming killing someone would get you disbarred from practicing law, but apparently not so in the wacky future world of the Ace Attorney games.

Source & Image: Siliconera [http://www.famitsu.com/]

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Is that Apollo with a purple cloak and an eyepatch?

I won't condemn his sense of fashion, at least people won't be complaining about his hair in the courtroom any longer.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Wow that must of been one work out/ getting back on his feet montage for Wright looking back to his former glory compared to his laid back tramp sort of look from Apollo Justice. I wonder what the plot is for him to go back to court (and what cause Applo injury).

McFazzer

Apr 22, 2012
Wow, Apollo looks a bit silly... maybe he saw a picture of Detective Badd?

I hope that Phoenix keeps some of his maturity from AJ, regressing into rookie Phoenix wouldn't be a good character arc.

Kekkonen1

Nov 8, 2010
God I'm looking forward to this despite that it will most likely make me dissapointed just like the fourth installment did.

AxelxGabriel

Nov 13, 2009
Well it was proven in Ace Attorney 4 that even in his maturity, Phoenix is still the same deadpan snarker on the inside.

Kennetic

Jan 18, 2011
I can't wait for this one. I'm playing Trials and Tribulations at the moment and loving it. Fun games, can be pretty challenging at times.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Excellent. I've always been a fan nof the Ace Attorney series. Wasn't there a plan for a fan release of Investigations 2?

Wonder who the girl on the right is.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
kailus13 said:
Excellent. I've always been a fan nof the Ace Attorney series. Wasn't there a plan for a fan release of Investigations 2?

Another playable character... in fact I think she might be the Main Character with Phoenix taking the roll of the Maya/Trucy support character.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
PedroSteckecilo said:
kailus13 said:

Another playable character... in fact I think she might be the Main Character with Phoenix taking the roll of the Maya/Trucy support character.
You'd think she'd be in front if that was the case. Also Phoenix is on the logo.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
twaddle said:
Who beat the hell out of Apollo Justice?!?!?
I can see it now.

Phoenix Wright: Returning to the game as the main lead.
Apollo Justice: Nu-uh, you had your 3 games. Now It's my time to shine!

-Phoenix Wright beats up Apollo-

-Apollo becomes Prosecutor-

I mean it's obvious that he is a villain. Look at that purple cloak!

McFazzer

Apr 22, 2012
Nikolaz72 said:
twaddle said:
Who beat the hell out of Apollo Justice?!?!?
I can see it now.

Phoenix Wright: Returning to the game as the main lead.
Apollo Justice: Nu-uh, you had your 3 games. Now It's my time to shine!

-Phoenix Wright beats up Apollo-

-Apollo becomes Prosecutor-

I mean it's obvious that he is a villain. Look at that purple cloak!
Well it is either an Eyepatch of Evil or an Eyepatch of Awesome. Either is fine with me. Going against Apollo's bracelet of Plot device could be interesting... Did Phoenix ever get around to telling Apollo and Trucy about each other?