Bethesda Springs Second Creepy Vine Teaser

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Bethesda Springs Second Creepy Vine Teaser

[vine=bFldAQgTIr6]​
The flowers burn. He watches. In the distance, a cock crows and a widow weeps. And as the lonely gloom of dusk settles upon her soul, an old woman listens to her dreams wither and die.

Okay, yes, I made up most of that stuff, but what's a guy with a word count supposed to do? I've got six seconds of burning sunflowers to work with here and no idea what's going on.

This is the second Vine video teaser Bethesda has dumped on our laps in two days, the first one being here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123318-Bethesda-Teases-Something] and no more comprehensible than this. Barbed wire, music, flowers, fire, a faceless man - I can't say this is ringing any bells for me.

Speaking of ringing bells, it is perhaps worth noting that the audio track, which I had originally taken as the scratching of the old album in the first teaser, is identical in the second. Coincidence perhaps, and the volume levels are off, but as far as my ears can tell they're otherwise exactly alike. Relevant? You tell me!

In fact, that's not a bad idea at all - somebody tell me what this is all about. I'm thinking it's a lead-up to a Prey 2 reveal but that might be kind of a long shot, so I'm open to other suggestions too. Anyone? Anyone?

Source: Vine [https://vine.co/v/bFldAQgTIr6]

Madman Muntz

Apr 16, 2013
Damned if I know. Are these teasing any tangible information or are they just pretentious horseshit. So far its looking like a game about a music obsessed flower arsonist.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Maybe Bethesda are trying to be indie and artsy, don't be surprised if we get some black and white photos of triangles.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
This is all just meaningless rubbish. Its pointless. Just tell me what the game is or dont. Stop with all this pointless bullshit teasers. Its a waste of everyones time.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Looks like there could be some sort of hospital/asylum/mansion in the background so my money is on horror game.

Jun 18, 2008
If you are into semantics, just because Hines said it wasn't Fallout 4 doesn't mean it can't be a new Fallout game like New Vegas. Or perhaps this is just wistful thinking on my part.

Madman Muntz

Apr 16, 2013
CardinalPiggles said:
Looks like there could be some sort of hospital/asylum/mansion in the background so my money is on horror game.

Well Senscape is releasing a horror survival game called Asylum sometime this year, but I don't think they have any connection to Bethesda.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Obviously it's American Horror Story: The Game. DUN dun dun. The random images will make complete sense once you play through the entire story, just like the show!

thomaskattus

Dec 15, 2011
The7Sins said:
That guy we see standing a bit behind the flowers before they burn looks a bit like a Weeper from Dishonored. My suspicion that it is some DLC for Dishonored is growing.
Or a whole new game in the Dishonored franchise.

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
As mentioned the thread about the first weird video... Bethesda seems to be letting the Elder Scrolls lore inmates run the asylum lately:
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1444365-memospore-analysis-vii/

Not sure where they're going with it... but I do know that cocaine is a hell of a drug.

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
Pooter The Magic Walrus said:
If you are into semantics, just because Hines said it wasn't Fallout 4 doesn't mean it can't be a new Fallout game like New Vegas. Or perhaps this is just wistful thinking on my part.
He could also be lying. That's always a possibility.

abdul

Oct 27, 2012
Probably a new Wolfenstein game? It has been years since the last one and it has its 20th year anniversary.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
I have it figured out now.

Bethesda is working on the next Nine Inch Nails music video.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
they denied Fallout 4, but what about a fallout movie or tv miniseries? sci-fi channel would do good by picking that up, regardless of the cost.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
okay, so i'm going for a long shot here, but i have a theory. i googled sunflower fire, which lead me to multiple articles about Arizona wildfires. Arizona is a good location for a New Vegas 2 kinda thing, which could be further supported by the early 1900's music from the first one.