Test Drive Just Cause 2's Multiplayer Mod This Weekend

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Test Drive Just Cause 2's Multiplayer Mod This Weekend

PC gamers can soon hookshoot their way into the vehicles (and faces) of other players.

As much as I enjoy single-player sandbox games, there's something to be said for taking on massive worlds with friends. Sure, having multiple players in solo environments can break gameplay, but you also might have an absolute blast along the way. At least that's the impression I get from the Just Cause 2 Multiplayer PC mod, which allows hundreds of players to team-up, or kill each other, at any given moment. The mod isn't quite ready for its final release, but developers are hoping PC gamers can put it through the paces this weekend. Starting Saturday morning, anyone with a copy of Just Cause 2 on Steam and an internet connection can join the mod's 48 hour beta test, and enjoy all the chaos that will inevitably ensue.

Just Cause 2 Multiplayer's beta begins at about 4:00 AM EST, at which point the client will be made available for download. Unlike previous versions of the beta, this weekend's release introduces a Steam authentication system to ensure non-pirated copies of the game are being used. All you need is a copy of Just Cause 2, a registration with the mod's website to access the client.

Just Cause 2 Multiplayer only supports a single server at present, but its creators plan to include third-party server support with the official release. Private servers would definitely be a great feature, the only downside being that server populations might not be quite as jam-packed as this weekend. In other words, Saturday is one of your best chances to try and hookshot airplanes alongside hundreds of other players, game-breaking mechanics be damned.

Source: PC Gamer

N3squ1ck

Mar 7, 2012
I love this mod to death, to bad that they always pick the weekends that I don't spend at home for their beta tests :(

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Damnit, now I might just have to buy the game for PC again since this won't be happening for the PS3. Why must you tempt me so with this long overdue feature?

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Ya know, this is all sorts of awesome. The JC2 world is large enough to accommodate to a big group of players and it allows for them to constantly wreck havoc TOGETHER. How wonderful is that?

Anyway, I await all of the crazy, organized stunts that this mod brings to the table.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
I participated in one of the beta tests, some time ago.
It wasn't fun. I didn't find any player who wanted to experiment stunts or do fun things, they all just tried to kill me and there was some racial slurring on the chat, aswell as too many inmature people and trolls and spam and nothing all that good came out of it.
Hopefully at some point we'll get private servers with actual decent people...i mean, how cool would it be to have an Escapist only server?

GodzillaGuy92

Jul 10, 2012
CRAP. I do have Just Cause 2, but it's in my backlog. There's no way I'd have the time to play through enough of the game to become suitably experienced at it to participate in this. (Still, the promise of the release of the finished mod makes my purchase that much better. Life is truly grand.)

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
l3o2828 said:
I participated in one of the beta tests, some time ago.
It wasn't fun. I didn't find any player who wanted to experiment stunts or do fun things, they all just tried to kill me and there was some racial slurring on the chat, aswell as too many inmature people and trolls and spam and nothing all that good came out of it.
Hopefully at some point we'll get private servers with actual decent people...i mean, how cool would it be to have an Escapist only server?
I. Want. This. So. Bad. I'm. Crying. That. This. Isn't. A. Thing.

Yet.

SOON...

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I took part in the last one they did and it was a fun experience. I look forward to doing it some more again this weekend.

Machine Man 1992

Jul 4, 2011
Oh god. How many Ricos?

I'm imagining complete and utter mayhem, the likes of which Michael Bay can only dream of through a haze of LSD and smack.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
Machine Man 1992 said:
Oh god. How many Ricos?

I'm imagining complete and utter mayhem, the likes of which Michael Bay can only dream of through a haze of LSD and smack.
there can be many many ricos gathered in one place, that's why I like to switch to a different skin(although rico is the only one that looks correct with the combat actions that the player is capable of). Running around as Baby Panay or an ninja or something can be fun.

LiMaSaRe

Mar 6, 2012
I feel bad for anybody who didn't buy Just Cause for $3 in the last sale. I've been waiting for the next beta!