Skyrim TMNT Mod Puts Your Hero in a Half-Shell

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Skyrim TMNT Mod Puts Your Hero in a Half-Shell

The Dragonborn gets a totally radical Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles makeover with a custom Skyrim mod.

If the end of Skyrim DLC [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123296-Bethesda-Claims-Its-Done-With-Skyrim] has left a giant void in your life, this creative mod might be one way to fill it. Modder Higeyosi has created some new Daedric armor that can be made at any Skyrim forge, assuming you want your character to resemble a certain pizza-loving anthropomorphic reptile. That's right; with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles custom armor, you can have Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, or Raphael exploring crypts and killing Draugr. Cowabunga, dudes.

Though the TMNT armor can be found in the Daedric category, players don't need the related smithing perk to create it. You will need a dragon bone, dragon scales, and two leather straps, with a linen wrap for the mask; none of these are terribly hard to find lying around Skyrim, so it shouldn't be long before humanoid turtles are just running amok.

If the full turtle armor is a little too green for you, you can also just put the shell on your character, which looks even more bizarre. There doesn't seem to be an accompanying mod that lets you create pizza out of eldar cheese and bread, which seems like a missed opportunity. Still, this is a neat way to add something new to the aging Bethesda RPG, even if it is a bit creepy.

Source: Destructoid [http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34903#]

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Is there a 4 player mod for Skyrim yet? I'm not interested until I can have 3 friends on Vent screaming TMNT quotes and jokes while we carve up the place with Turtle power.

Alcaste

Mar 2, 2011
Mcoffey said:
Now if only there were some decent quest mods for the game.

Skyrim's pretty enough now guys. Lets (for once) do something interesting in it.
Something like Moonpath to Elsweyr?

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9782

I have a feeling that Skyrim modding is going to be around for a very long time - Which is perfect, because every time you get the craving after months of absence there's something new to try.

GameChanger

Sep 5, 2011
Alcaste said:
Mcoffey said:
Now if only there were some decent quest mods for the game.

Skyrim's pretty enough now guys. Lets (for once) do something interesting in it.
Something like Moonpath to Elsweyr?

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9782

I have a feeling that Skyrim modding is going to be around for a very long time - Which is perfect, because every time you get the craving after months of absence there's something new to try.
Moonpath came out very fast, and there hasn't been anything relatively substantial after that.

I'm waiting for the sequel to Nehrim. I already know I'm gonna love it with every damned cell in my body.

Alcaste

Mar 2, 2011
Mcoffey said:
Moonpath to Elsweyr was decent (Probably the best skyrim mod, sadly) but it doesn't hold a candle to stuff like New Vegas Bounties, or CUBE in Fallout 3. Oblivion had some pretty epic quest mods too.

All the skyrim modders seem to be interested in is new clothes and texture packs. They're nice, but there's no real meat to any of them.
We need to keep in mind that Skyrim is the newest of those games. There's the middle earth conversion going on as well, and I'm sure there's more on the way. Hopefully.

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
Alcaste said:
Mcoffey said:
Moonpath to Elsweyr was decent (Probably the best skyrim mod, sadly) but it doesn't hold a candle to stuff like New Vegas Bounties, or CUBE in Fallout 3. Oblivion had some pretty epic quest mods too.

All the skyrim modders seem to be interested in is new clothes and texture packs. They're nice, but there's no real meat to any of them.
We need to keep in mind that Skyrim is the newest of those games. There's the middle earth conversion going on as well, and I'm sure there's more on the way. Hopefully.
Plus Skywind, putting *everything* from Morrowind into Skyrim's engine. SO looking forward to that!

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
At first I saw the title, and I was like "Oh this could be cool."

Then I saw the picture and I was like "AAAAAH AAAAAH KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!"

Voxgizer

Jan 12, 2011
Chessrook44 said:
At first I saw the title, and I was like "Oh this could be cool."

Then I saw the picture and I was like "AAAAAH AAAAAH KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!"
Yep. Though, mine was more of disgust, but wanting to kill it with fire works too.

Apr 5, 2008
More like Argonian in a half-shell, but still, very creative and nicely done. Where are MA's nunchuckus though? :-(

I didn't think Moonpath to Elswyr was too great. Don't mistake me, the amount of work and polish in it were great. Voice Acting, great ideas, well made...but boring. The quests were all "Go there, Kill X, Return" one after another. The player home was nice, looked great, but poor collision and there are many better.

Still, as quest mods go, it's very good for player made content. I'm tracking some cool looking ones on the site, but it's annoying how so many mod authors release things so early with promises of more to come. Don't fecking release it, just wait till it's finished and THEN release it.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
LG Jargon said:
So...instead of being the Dragonborn...we're the Turtleborn?

meep merp muu
Great Escapist in-joke.

Keep up the good work! :)

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
When I saw the pic I thought this article was for the Bay turtles but alas its just a mod which makes some hideous mod turtles.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I suddenly feel compelled to run this alongside the Dovahbear companion mod.

V3rtig0

Mar 3, 2012
LG Jargon said:
So...instead of being the Dragonborn...we're the Turtleborn?

meep merp muu
Damnit, beat me to it :/.

On topic, upon reading the title, I thought this would cover more than just a set of armour, but some sort of total conversion with a new campaign was probably expecting too much.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
cursedseishi said:
And now begins the wait for the Venus Sex Tape mod to be made...

Because it isn't an Elder Scrolls mod until you can sex anything in the game.
Pfft, haven't you been keeping up? There's already a sex mod or two. The low number is due to the difficult, hackish, tends-to-break-shit way they have to get the animations in.