Hang Snapshots of BioShock Infinite's Columbia On Your Wall

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Hang Snapshots of BioShock Infinite's Columbia On Your Wall

A series of limited edition BioShock Infinite prints signed by Ken Levine are disappearing fast.

If you've played BioShock Infinite, then you'll likely agree that <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/10250-BioShock-Infinite-Review-A-Head-in-the-Clouds>it's not only a fun game, but it's visually stunning to boot. Those who haven't played the game will probably still agree on the latter, especially once they see Infinite's high-quality licensed art prints. Produced by dealership Cook & Becker, each piece represents an iconic in-game moment that's as impressive framed as it would be if displayed on a screen.

Each of the seven prints showcase particular scenes, environments, and characters from BioShock Infinte's Columbia. You've got everything from the scenic view of Battleship Bay, to Booker and Elizabeth's plunge through the clouds, to Songbird's terrifying aerial attack. Each print has a variety of sizes and frames to choose from, and will be numbered and and signed by Ken Levine to ensure authenticity.

[gallery=1455]

These limited prints don't come cheap, however. Depending on your chosen frame and print size, the final cost can be anywhere from $250 to $1500. Regardless, supplies are going fast, as the Songbird prints alone sold out within an hour. If you're interested in snatching up your own piece of Columbia, it's probably a good idea to do so sooner rather than later.

Source: <a href=http://www.candb.com/en/artcollectivegallery/10/irrational-games.html>Cook and Becker, via <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-25-you-can-now-buy-officially-licensed-bioshock-infinite-fine-art>Eurogamer

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
The two falling guys in the songbird attack look out of place in that shot...

I'm one of the people who has never played the game but I agree, it's visually stunning.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Fucking god damnit. I want a copy of the ginormous songbird one @!$@!$#@$%!. I can't justify the price for any of the rest, or even the little Songbird one, but god damn, I am so fucking pissed off I missed my chance on that amazing print.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
Wow, I thought this game was good, but not $1500 for a framed screenshot good. I think I prefer the idea of having that much money to throw around than a game I like that much...

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
they should sell the concept art instead. i bought the art book. there is a lot of drawings in that thing that i would love to hang on my wall.

CookandBecker

Apr 26, 2013
Agayek said:
Fucking god damnit. I want a copy of the ginormous songbird one @!$@!$#@$%!. I can't justify the price for any of the rest, or even the little Songbird one, but god damn, I am so fucking pissed off I missed my chance on that amazing print.
The big Songbird went very fast indeed. You can always sign up for our Newsletter for an early heads up when we launch new colletions.

CookandBecker

Apr 26, 2013
Most of the available concept art was already issued in their poster/litho run. And at CandB we like large scale works :) (Also for exhibition purposes at art fairs, museums etc.) so these are specially created in-engine renders tens of thousands of pixels wide in most cases.

We hope that with a nice mix of concept art and actual in-game imagery we can capture the design of a game and ideas that went into creating it as well as possible. Both for fans and audiences that may not necessarily know the game(s) as it is our mission to make game art and game artists more visible within the wider contemporary art world. These are the people that are so influential in shaping our time and culture!