Stealth Bastard Gets Profanity-Free Title for PSN Release

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Stealth Bastard Gets Profanity-Free Title for PSN Release

Curve Studios has chosen two winners in the contest to give downloadable indie game Stealth Bastard a new name for its PS3 and Vita release.

Stealth Bastard, Curve Studios' stealth platformer, is heading to the PlayStation Network this summer--but it won't be taking its original title. After the PlayStation Blog announced a "tactical naming contest" [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123032-Stealth-Bastard-Seeks-Less-Profane-Name-for-PlayStation-Release] for the PSN version earlier this month, over 3,500 gamers submitted their profanity-free title ideas, and indie developer has picked not one, but two winners. According to lead designer Sam Robinson, there was more than one entry the developers wanted to keep, so "we've chosen two and fused them together to create one ultimate, unified gaming title." As a result, Stealth Bastard is now Stealth Inc. - A Clone in the Dark.

According to Robinson, some of the other notable contest entries were Stealth Orgasm, Ze goggles! Zey do something!, and El Chappo Stealtho, but in the end "there could be only one... well, two!" Along with the announcement, the PlayStation Blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/25/stealth-btard-is-now-stealth-inc-a-clone-in-time-coming-to-psn/] also posted a few new screens.

Stealth Bastard: Tactical Espionage Arsehole was originally released for the PC in 2011; a deluxe version is currently available on Steam for $9.99. Stealth Inc. - A Clone in the Dark will be available on the PSN this summer.

Source: PlayStation Blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/25/stealth-btard-is-now-stealth-inc-a-clone-in-time-coming-to-psn/]

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
No one suggested 'Stealth Man who's parentage is of questionable status?' Disappointing.

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
I like the A Clone in the Dark part. Still don't see "bastard" as too much profanity, though.

McGuinty1

Oct 30, 2010
Why would they rename the PC version? They're only doing this because of PSN's demands. One of the main reasons I plunked down cash on this game in the first place is because "Stealth Bastard: Technical Espionage Arsehole" is one of the funniest titles for a videogame ever. The fact that it turned out to be a fun game was just icing on the cake for me. Maybe it's shallow to base a videogame purchase on the title alone, but if there's one game that deserves it, it's this one.

Edit: Same goes for "Hamlet, or The Last Game Without MMORPG Features, Shaders and Product Placement".

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
McGuinty1 said:
Why would they rename the PC version? They're only doing this because of PSN's demands. One of the main reasons I plunked down cash on this game in the first place is because "Stealth Bastard: Technical Espionage Arsehole" is one of the funniest titles for a videogame ever. The fact that it turned out to be a fun game was just icing on the cake for me. Maybe it's shallow to base a videogame purchase on the title alone, but if there's one game that deserves it, it's this one.

Edit: Same goes for "Hamlet, or The Last Game Without MMORPG Features, Shaders and Product Placement".
There's really only one way to describe a guy who runs around in a bodysuit knocking people out and placing them in questionable positions.