Leviathan: Warships Launches a Big Boat, Baby

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Leviathan: Warships Launches a Big Boat, Baby

It's never as special as the first time, but that doesn't mean we can't do it again.

You've no doubt seen the latest Grand Theft Auto V trailer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123627-Rockstar-Unleashes-Three-In-One-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Teaser] that bubbled to the surface earlier today and while this Leviathan: Warships launch trailer doesn't bring quite that level of production quality to the table, I find it infinitely more entertaining. It's silly, it's irreverent and it's wonderfully different than the formulaic promotional stuff we're usually subjected to. And smooth jazz. Who doesn't like smooth jazz?

It is perhaps not the most informative trailer ever, assuming you want to know more about the game than "ship-shape big boat battles," but that's where I come in. Leviathan: Warships is a turn-based naval strategy game in which players assemble and customize fleets of massive warships, give them orders and then unleash them in single or multiplayer cross-platform action. It's available now on the PC and Mac for $9.99, and iOS and Android devices at $4.99. Our own Admiral Tito actually wrote up a proper preview [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121877-Sink-Your-Mates-in-Leviathan-Warships] of the whole thing back in February.

But hey, baby. We both know that's not why you're here. You're not here to learn things. You don't want facts. You want the music, and the puns, and the radar-guided heavy broadsides. It's okay to want what you want, and this trailer can do it all. So lie back, relax, and enjoy yourself. Leviathan: Warships is here for you [http://store.steampowered.com/app/202270/].

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
I'm a little disappointed, I was expecting something like a turn based ship version of world of tanks. If cross platform play is there, what's the point in shelling out the extra for the pc version?

DVS BSTrD said:
I heard this game was even endorsed by Howard Stern.
I bow to your ability to make puns sir.

Karoshi

Jul 9, 2012
The trailer is adorable enough to make me consider buying it.

..Nah, I hate strategy games. Still, lovely trailer.

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
I pre-purchsed based on the first trailer, and now once again put this on my FB to convince more of my friends to play

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
"Mmm, navel."
At that point his sexy voice sunk my battle ship.
*wink wink nudge nudge*

2clueless

Clueless since 2003
Apr 11, 2012
Want to get home.

Want to play.

All work and no play drives Clueless overboard..

mfeff

Nov 8, 2010
I picked it up but... then again most my steam library is strategy games... really liked Frozen Synapse... really liked Gratuitous Space Battles... Gimbal was loads of fun... and this looked like a nice breeding of all those... haven't played it yet but the download is done.

Kind of game I will play with some Jack n' Coke, maybe buy some copies for friends so we can "smack boat" all casual like, cross platform is nice as well.

Cheaper than a real boat... can't argue with that.

Someone mentioned world of tanks, may want to check out... Navy Field 2, NF1 was lot's of fun... to spite the coffee grinder.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
i'm sure by the end of this everybody involved will be tried for pun related war crimes