UPDATE: Twitter Reveal Makes Call of Duty: Ghosts Official

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
UPDATE: Twitter Reveal Makes Call of Duty: Ghosts Official

Ghosts has its own Facebook page and everything.

The latest Call of Duty title, Ghosts, got an unexpected reveal last month when UK retail giant Tesco [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123510-Retailers-Accidentally-Leak-Call-of-Duty-Ghosts] managed to spill its beans all over aisle 4, and now Twitter confirms it. There's a new Call of Duty in town, and it has a Facebook page and everything.

Not that there's really all that much to see on the aforementioned Facebook page [http://www.facebook.com/CODGhosts], at least not at the moment. The Ghosts Are Real, apparently, but as to what they Really Are, you'll just have to be patient. If previous leaks are to be believed, this has a November 5th 2013 release date, so there's a while yet to go.

Let the speculation commence! Will this feature: space monkeys, Nazis, a doomed love triangle, terrorists, Russians, an exceptionally annoying muskrat? Anything is possible; but at least now you know it's on the way.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/329597844514291713 align=right]

Update: Now there's a trailer, and confirmation that this title will be for next generation as well as current consoles. Enjoy!

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Oh quick, let me get my list of people who are surprised.

[HEADING=1]FUCKING NOBODY[/HEADING]
Plus this isn't one of the Treyarch ones so I'm not expecting anything too creative.

Sean Kay

Jul 4, 2011
Who you gonna call?

So, is there anything else, beyond hints that it features Ghost from MW2? Or do you actually hunt ghosts. Because that would make an awesome change from Zombie mode

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
Yep, it's that time of year again. Call me when we DON'T get a CoD game, or better yet, when the franchise dies.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
hazabaza1 said:

Plus this isn't one of the Treyarch ones so I'm not expecting anything too creative.
Being not-Treyarch I assume it will have 90% less cutscenes. Treyarch irritate me, they try to be creative but then they kind of fuck it up, by not going far enough with their ideas. All the creativity in Blops 2 seemed to go into the (rather good, even though there are too many cutscenes and the AI for the strike missions is atrocious) campaign, which is great and all, but the multiplayer is just a tiny-map marathon of SMG's and quickscoping.

Did like the addition of bots to objective modes that makes splitscreen more interesting.

OT: Ehh, I heard a new engine was being used, I really hope it's an engine that can do MORE, an engine that can have bullet ballistics and such, or some fancy physics, or maybe even vehicles instead of killstreaks.

Jan 12, 2012
Sean Kay said:
Who you gonna call?

So, is there anything else, beyond hints that it features Ghost from MW2? Or do you actually hunt ghosts. Because that would make an awesome change from Zombie mode
I'd love it if this was actually a Geist game in disguise, using the CoD label to go big-budget.

But yeah, probably just a bit of backstory of Price and Ghost doing stuff prior to the original MW. Still, a man can dream. *pats gamecube fondly*

jollybarracuda

Oct 7, 2011
I'm just expecting another slightly-in-the-future military tech shooter, where you play as someone part of a team of "the world's best soldiers" that happens to be called The Ghosts, because, hey...it sounds so coooooooool, right? ...Right?

Though if Call of Duty did go Blood Dragon levels of ridiculous with actual ghost hunting for a full-on release, I would fall in love all over again. Or for the first time. It's a muddled relationship.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
A new CoD game, coming out in November? Surely you jest!

All sarcasm aside, the CoD games are always good for a bit of "turn the brain off" popcorn-gaming action, so I'm hoping this should be along the same lines, and in that case, it should be quite fun to play for a while.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Awesome! Good news indeed!

Means about a month after it's release there'll be an amazing Zero Punctuation coming up.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Same shit different game.

It's like they are not even trying anymore.

Listen to this, heard a bit about the story.

It's in the future, ok so far. But for SOME story driven reason, they have to use CURRENT weapons.

So basically a FPS Mass effect (as in, that time period, as in FAR INTO THE FUTURE) but instead of nice laser rifles that turn everything into green dust, we get bullets and weapons that are just a copypasta from the old COD's.

Speaking of lazy development, damn.

Edit / side note; that trailer is damn pathetic

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Well what a fantastic unexpected turn of events... the weather today is absolutely lovely.

Oh and er a new Call of Duty, yay I guess. Is this the one for this year or the one for next year or the one after that?

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Is it just me, or is anyone saying prayers to the Spaghetti Monster that Ubisoft is going to sue Activision over the this infringing Ghost Recon and it's stars The Ghosts.

I want it to happen, I want it so bad!

Oltsu

Feb 16, 2013
New engine and coming to next gen as well.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge. Rather wait and see if they can actually do something impressive, at the very least they have the money for it. And for activision this is about pretty much their biggest cash cow, they're going to want to make it good since they have to reboot with the next gen.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Alright, looks like it's time to go through the steps again-

-Yes it'll probably be really similar to the last four even with the new engine
-That's okay
-Lots of people are going to buy it and enjoy it
-That's also okay
-You don't have to buy it if you don't want to
-The people who do enjoy it aren't wrong

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Capitano Segnaposto said:
SkarKrow said:
hazabaza1 said:

Being not-Treyarch I assume it will have 90% less cutscenes. Treyarch irritate me, they try to be creative but then they kind of fuck it up, by not going far enough with their ideas. All the creativity in Blops 2 seemed to go into the (rather good, even though there are too many cutscenes and the AI for the strike missions is atrocious) campaign, which is great and all, but the multiplayer is just a tiny-map marathon of SMG's and quickscoping.

Did like the addition of bots to objective modes that makes splitscreen more interesting.

OT: Ehh, I heard a new engine was being used, I really hope it's an engine that can do MORE, an engine that can have bullet ballistics and such, or some fancy physics, or maybe even vehicles instead of killstreaks.
From what I heard, destructible buildings and stuff is the major new thing.
That's also a pretty nice thing if it turns out to be true. One of the best multiplayer games of this generation was Bad Company 2 after all and the core gameplay of that was pretty much blowing shit up.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
fix-the-spade said:
Is it just me, or is anyone saying prayers to the Spaghetti Monster that Ubisoft is going to sue Activision over the this infringing Ghost Recon and it's stars The Ghosts.

I want it to happen, I want it so bad!
I think Activision would just bury Ubisoft in money and lawyers. That or they'd destroy each other. Either result would delight me.