Escapist Personalities Return for Expo 2013

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Escapist Personalities Return for Expo 2013

If you didn't get your favorite Escapist star's autograph last year, you'll have another shot at it this October.

At the first ever Escapist Expo last September, fans were treated to some of their favorite Escapist personalities, from Jim Sterling to members of the Loading Ready Run crew. We here at The Escapist are pleased to announce that Expo 2013 will once again feature some of your very favorite Escapist personalities. Details are scarce at the moment, but we can confirm that the following internet stars will be in attendance:

Gavin "Miracle of Sound" Dunne
Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Jim "Thank God For Me" Sterling
Bob "MovieBob" Chipman
Members of the LRR Crew

While we don't have the specifics yet, these good folks will be contributing their own style of commentary at various panels, as well as signing autographs at yet-to-be-specified time(s) over the course of the weekend. Additionally, Gavin Dunne, of Miracle of Sound fame, will be performing a live concert at Motorco on Saturday, October 5. Random Encounter [http://randomencounterband.com/] will be opening the concert with their videogame music stylings, but you'll need to be 18 or older with a valid ID to get in the door, though if you want to enjoy a cocktail, you'll need to be at least 21 here in North Carolina. Keep an eye out for more details in the coming weeks!

The second annual Escapist Expo takes place this October 4, 5, and 6. If you haven't yet, you can sign up to be in the Hard Corps [http://www.escapistexpo.com/register], the Expo 2013 volunteer group.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
Andy Shandy said:
And once again I am extremely jealous of anyone that's able to go =P
Same here.

Then again i would probably just ask a funny question at the Q&A like 'Yahtzee, why do you think your Imps believe you're gay all the time?' or maybe just say how i like his LPs a lot before quickly running back to my seat.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Encaen said:
Jim "Thank God For Me" Sterling
Well, it's good to see that fame hasn't gone to your head and you've remained a level-headed and grounded person, Mr. Sterling. (I kid, I kid.)

I'm looking forward to another opportunity to be a ninja photographer at the Expo! (And looking forward to hopefully not ruining my knee like I did last year. Limber up before playing laser tag, kids!)

yamy

Slayer of Hot Dogs
Aug 2, 2010
Interesting to see Cory and Grey didn't make the list despite their plans to wear a certain triple-belted fashion attire to steal the crowd from Yahtzee.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Please be in Europe please be in Europe please be in Europe...

And its in North Carolina. Again. Yay.

Well, I envy anyone that can go. Someday, I will get there. But that day is not this day (Plus about half a year)

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
DC has the Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman holy trinity. The Escapist has Bob, Yahtzee, and Jim, the holy trinity of Skepticism.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
I reeeeally wanna go, but I can't afford it this year. :(
Looking forward to the videos though..

I hope those are a thing this year too? The hour of love panel was great.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
I wish I was in North Carolina instead of being isolated in the wastes of Canada. I wanted badly to go to that Miracle of Sound concert. Looked like there was a lot of energy in that crowd.

And of course Yahtzee, Jim and the like. In fact, you must have a rhymedown spectacular event. Except this time it can be a rhyme battle! Make it happen, Escapist Gods!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
yamy said:
Interesting to see Cory and Grey didn't make the list despite their plans to wear a certain triple-belted fashion attire to steal the crowd from Yahtzee.
Well, every time I ask Grey if he's coming I get dead silence. Maybe you should bug him about it.

Mark D. Stroyer

Apr 12, 2011
Does anybody else read "the LRR crew" and imagine something like this? [http://wiki.loadingreadyrun.com/images/7/79/About_page_pic.jpg]

The Last Melon

Mar 19, 2012
I read the headline and burst out laughing. "Escapists at the Escapist expo! Call the press!"

Yeah, I know, I just found it funny.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
I so wish I could go but alas its wayyyy to far away. I hope you record it all again so those that can't attend can still enjoy it.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Mark D. Stroyer said:
Does anybody else read "the LRR crew" and imagine something like this? [http://wiki.loadingreadyrun.com/images/7/79/About_page_pic.jpg]
The Extortion Racket has clearly taken over.

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
Good heavens! How did Yahtzee become even more handsome!?

I...It breaks my little heart, knowing that I won't be able to attend.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
This upcoming year is my last year of school... and next year I'm in Russia...

...but if you hold another Expo the year after that, I'm SO coming.

In the meantime, please make "Yahtzee Wearing Cat Ears" a yearly event.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Won't be able to make it, knowing my busy schedule. But do consider Yahtzee Roast. The irony would be delicious.

Whytewulf

Dec 20, 2009
Raggedstar said:
I wish I was in North Carolina instead of being isolated in the wastes of Canada. I wanted badly to go to that Miracle of Sound concert. Looked like there was a lot of energy in that crowd.

And of course Yahtzee, Jim and the like. In fact, you must have a rhymedown spectacular event. Except this time it can be a rhyme battle! Make it happen, Escapist Gods!
I live in NC.. meh it's not all that.

On Topic.. Anyone outside of the Escapist going? I.E such a Felicia Day, Lord British, Random Viking #3 from Vikings?