New Borderlands 2 DLC Leaks Thanks to Sleepy Devs

IanDavis

Blue Blaze Irregular 1st Class
Aug 18, 2012
New Borderlands 2 DLC Leaks Thanks to Sleepy Devs

Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep will bring roleplaying madness to Borderlands 2 this June.

It all started with a tweet from Borderlands writer [a href=https://twitter.com/reverendanthony]Anthony Burch[/a] showing a picture of Gearbox PR rep Steve Gibson sneaking a nap. Partially concealed behind the couch was a poster for an unreleased bit of Borderlands 2 entitled "Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep". The tweet was quickly pulled, but not before [a href=http://www.stealthybox.com/tiny-tinas-assault-on-dungeon-keep-coming-to-borderlands-2/]StealthyBox[/a] grabbed a screenshot. With the proverbial psycho midget out of his crate, Gearbox decided to officially reveal it later that day, confirming that the fourth and possibly final piece of DLC is coming this summer.

Observant consumers of games journalism might recall that just such a product was teased at PAX East. A [a href="http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/24/gearbox-teases-new-borderlands-2-dlc" nofollow]short 3-minute clip[/a] showed the original vault hunters hunkered over a holo-board as the world's deadliest 13-year-old attempts to lead them through a game of "Bunkers & Badasses". True to the teaser, you'll play characters being role-played by other characters, while Tina narrates the action and changes boss attributes and monsters on the fly.

Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep will be the fourth DLC pack released for Borderlands 2. It follows Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty, Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage and Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt. While the season pass only mentioned four addons, Gearbox has yet to confirm that Tina's roleplaying excursion will be the final one.

Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep will launch on June 25th for Steam, Xbox 360, and Playstation 3 and will cost 800 MS points or $10. Of course if you're a season pass owner, you'll receive this last bit of goodness for free.

Source: [a href=http://www.stealthybox.com/tiny-tinas-assault-on-dungeon-keep-coming-to-borderlands-2/]StealthyBox[/a]

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Now here's the real question: will we get more pre-determined level-increasing goodness akin to the first game, or will it be shoehorned into the game just to shut the people like the first level increase was?

Also, Tiny Tina for 7th Vault Hunter.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
SageRuffin said:
Now here's the real question: will we get more pre-determined level-increasing goodness akin to the first game, or will it be shoehorned into the game just to shut the people like the first level increase was?

That wouldn't work considering that you get missions from her. Could work for Borderlands 3 though. What would her class be?

Parakeettheprawn

Apr 6, 2013
Zachary Amaranth said:
Parakeettheprawn said:
Absolutely love the idea.

Now if only it wasn't being done in Borderlands...
Would you rather it for Aliens: Colonial Marines?

>.>
Honestly? Yeah, maybe. Hell, it'd be more fun in that game, as they could make fun of all the problems, while in Borderlands it'll just remind me that I'm still playing a game more boring than doing accounting. And I literally mean that -- I've been studying accounting, and it's actually more entertaining for me.

-Ezio-

Eats Nuts, Kicks Butts.
Nov 17, 2009
kailus13 said:
SageRuffin said:

That wouldn't work considering that you get missions from her. Could work for Borderlands 3 though. What would her class be?

Mad Bomber

Action skill: BOOM!
when active it increases her speed and she drops a bomb at her feet every second while it's active (say 10 second duration to start with). different skills in her trees determine what kind of bombs.

TheSYLOH

Feb 5, 2010
You know, I'm seriously disappointed that we'll never get a DLC where we storm the Hyperion Mothership.
The thing has been hovering near the moon the entire game, we should have been able to blow it up at some point.

glitch388

Undeniable Logic
Feb 9, 2010
TheSYLOH said:
You know, I'm seriously disappointed that we'll never get a DLC where we storm the Hyperion Mothership.
The thing has been hovering near the moon the entire game, we should have been able to blow it up at some point.
I was thinking mostly the same thing. I would have loved to visit that space station and cause havoc. Maybe in post season DLC or something..

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
TheSYLOH said:
I absolutely agree. With Hammerlock's Hunt I was hoping that we may get to see more of our favourite character (spoilered just in case) but literally nothing happened. I was really disappointed, they could have done so much with it. It would be great to actually get to expand the main story more, since it is really one of the best things about BL2.

fwiffo

Sep 12, 2011
I can't get excited about this. Gearbox has let me down too many times. Still, nice to see a company supporting their games with new content.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Natural 20. Suck on that!

The video with them playing B&B is hilarious. I hope this is the best dlc yet, with a theme like that, I'm optimistic. It also helps that I enjoyed all the other dlc.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
"Role for intuitive SUCKERS!"
Tina is adorable. I need to get back to this game, but it's a pain tanking on your own :(
Or, better yet, find a group to do play some gold old fashioned RPGs (bonus points for borderlands setting, then you re-enact the framing device of roleplaying people roleplaying people).

Anyway, it's always fun to see this idea crop up in games. Something about actual adventurers playing an RPG just tickles my fancy.