3D Realms Responds To Employee Exodus Rumor

Shawn Andrich

Aug 4, 2006
3D Realms Responds To Employee Exodus Rumor

Following a rumor that 3D Realms employees have been leaving the company in droves, President George Broussard has come forward to respond.

Currently developing the long-awaited Duke Nukem Forever, 3D Realms has been subject to a great many rumors over the years. The latest from Shacknews [http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/43655] indicated that a number of key employees responsible for programming physics and animations had left the company. George Brussard, President of 3D Realms, responded on the official message board today.

"Physics and animation systems are virtually finished and shippable. It's simply maintenance and polish from here on out. We haven't needed to make substantial changes to those systems in months. The changes we have made, were made without great effort," he said.

Duke Nukem Forever does not currently have a release date. Thanks GameDaily [http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=13683].

Landslide

Jun 13, 2002
Still kind of a lame answer.

"Thanks for all the work, and sticking with the project for a retarded number of years, but we don't need you anymore so get out."

Jul 28, 2006
In all fairness, there's nothing Brussard could have said to keep people from jumping on the story. Mocking 3D Realms is a lot like kicking the walker out from under and old lady; it's mean, it's in bad taste, but there's always going to be someone who will find it funny.

I haven't really seen anything stating if they left of their own will or if they were fired. I'm hoping it's the former.

Ian Dorsch

Jul 11, 2006
Well, a whole bunch of the devs that left 3D Realms apparently went over to Gearbox, so it's not like they're unemployed. And they actually get to ship games!

Jul 28, 2006
Ian Dorsch said:
Well, a whole bunch of the devs that left 3D Realms apparently went over to Gearbox, so it's not like they're unemployed. And they actually get to ship games!
I read that as, "The free ride is over!" :)

Lex Darko

Aug 13, 2006
Demiurge said:
Ian Dorsch said:
I read that as, "The free ride is over!" :)
I read it as, "Well maybe now people will actually see thier work".