Borderlands 2 Cast Gets Fresh Meat in May

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Borderlands 2 Cast Gets Fresh Meat in May

Krieg the Psycho Bandit, the sixth playable character for Borderlands 2, is just a week away.

Did you know that "krieg" is German for "war?" Now you do. And now maybe you also have a bit of insight into the nature of Krieg, a "reformed bandit" with a taste for blood-soaked melee combat who will soon take his place amongst the cast of Borderlands 2.

Krieg brings three skill trees to the party: Bloodlust, which gives players boosts for putting together combos with his Buzz Axe weapon; Mania, which makes his action skill recharge more quickly when he takes damage, and Hellborn, which allows Krieg to cause fire damage to enemies when he is on fire himself. Sounds like a pretty interesting guy, eh?

Adding Krieg to your crew will set you back $9.99 or 800 Microsoft points for the Psycho Pack, which for the record is not part of the Borderlands 2 season pass. It comes out on May 14.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-07-borderlands-2s-krieg-the-psycho-dlc-due-next-week]

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
This should make a certain someone happy. However, I stand by my previous statement of Gaige being the best.

fwiffo

Sep 12, 2011
Wow, Gearbox is so awesome. Continuing to support their game after release with quality/reasonably priced content.

Also, they've clearly explained the season pass is only for story content.

I encourage everyone to support Gearbox in the future, due to great things like this.

(note to self: stop posting)

Shadowsetzer

Jul 15, 2010
fwiffo said:
Wow, DLC not included in the season pass. Gotta read that fine print. I hope the season pass for bioshock actually has all dlc.
To be fair, every bit of non-cosmetic DLC so far has been included. I think we Season Pass buyers got our money's worth out of it.

fwiffo

Sep 12, 2011
Shadowsetzer said:
fwiffo said:
Wow, DLC not included in the season pass. Gotta read that fine print. I hope the season pass for bioshock actually has all dlc.
To be fair, every bit of non-cosmetic DLC so far has been included. I think we Season Pass buyers got our money's worth out of it.
Yeah that's fair. Sorry, really not trying to start a flame war. I'm gonna edit my post.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
fwiffo said:
Jove said:
fwiffo said:
Are you serious? WOW WTF!?

I get excited over playing a very interesting character and then Gearbox decides to pull that shit? You would think they would have learned with their recent Aliens: CM disaster -_-.
it's was stated even before the game came out that it was for the dlc story add-ons which $30 gives you a $10 off all 4 of them

Mirrorknight

Jul 23, 2009
Um...it's been pretty clear since the season pass came out that new character classes were not included in the season pass. In fact, it's been pretty clear since the beginning that the season pass covers the first 4 content patches (the level cap increase was a nice bonus) The mechomancer wasn't. Why would you think this one would be? Gearbox has done some crap things, but you can't blame this one on them. Try getting out from that rock you're sleeping under.

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
blurredplacebo said:
so how much of the money/time meant to be fixing colonial marines went into this?
What on earth could possibly go wrong when the people behind Prometheus join forces with the people who brought us Duke Nukem Forever? :p

KungFuJazzHands

Mar 31, 2013
Shadowsetzer said:
fwiffo said:
That's not quite accurate. Gaige isn't included in the Season Pass, and I'd hardly call her cosmetic. Same goes for Krieg.

Gearbox should have just thrown a bone to all the supporters of Borderlands 2 by including Gaige and Krieg in the Season Pass. It would have been a generous gesture on their part. Hell, I wasn't even considering buying the Season Pass given the inconsistent quality of the DLC packs, but the inclusion of Krieg might have made me take a second look.

blurredplacebo

something should go in here
Jan 25, 2010
Paradoxrifts said:
blurredplacebo said:
so how much of the money/time meant to be fixing colonial marines went into this?
What on earth could possibly go wrong when the people behind Prometheus join forces with the people who brought us Duke Nukem Forever? :p

at least prometheus looked good...

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
These new characters give more replay for me than the expansions.
A new way to play is better than going to new areas but doing the same shit + adding another boss I can't beat.
This will bring me back into the fray for another month or so I imagine.

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
blurredplacebo said:
Paradoxrifts said:
blurredplacebo said:

at least prometheus looked good...
I was a big fan of the original Borderlands, but I didn't like the sequel's concentrated shift of focus toward multiplayer mode. Apart from their own IP, Gearbox doesn't exactly have a stellar track record in terms of delivery. The real disappointment for me is not finding out how much the internet would've still bitched about Colonial Marines for not being either of the two good Alien films, if it had succeeded in at least being a decent FPS.

According to the reviews I've read the first DLC for Colonial Marines addresses some of the mechanical problems that people had with the initial release, which is good news for anyone with a season pass and salt on the wounds for anyone who either didn't spring for it or won't.