Assassin's Creed 2 Limited Edition Unveiled

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Assassin's Creed 2 Limited Edition Unveiled

The Assassin's Creed 2 [http://www.assassinscreed2.com] Limited Edition has emerged from the shadows and it looks pretty solid, especially if you're a fan of the jazz hands.

Unveiled on the official GameStop [http://twitter.com/assassinscreed] in the U.S. and Canada. Along with the game itself, the Limited Edition will include an art book, an 8.5 inch tall statuette of the game's protagonist, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, in his famous jazz hands pose, two GameStop-exclusive maps and a jumbo box to hold it all.

It's an impressive set, although I have to say it's not quite as cool as the Jesper Kyd [http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/10287842/Assassin-Creed-II-Black-Edition/Product.html] and a super-sweet black package with holographic signature.

Hey, if you're a real fan, you'll import it.

Pricing on GameStop's Assassin's Creed 2 Limited Edition hasn't been announced but it will almost certainly be cheaper than the Black Edition, which is listing for about $120 from U.K. retailers. Assassin's Creed 2 is set for release on November 17 in North America and November 20 in Europe.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Oooooh, yes. This is very nice, indeed. I may end up buying this if the game gets better reviews than Assassin's Creed Uno did.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
Well I got the Collector's Edition for the first game, but that only had post cards.
I'm definately getting this.

Although I'd rather have your figurine than the UK black one.

Frankydee

Mar 25, 2009
I'll probably skip out on even buying the game. I may just borrow or rent it to see if I like it any better than the first one (which I ended up selling since it got to be tedious and repetitive).

Subzerowings

May 1, 2009
Interesting, saw this on the site of my videogame retailer a few weeks back. If you pre-order the game there you get this limited edition for free.

ghalkhsdkssakgh

Jul 16, 2009
Why do people in Gamestop get exclusive maps? What about those of us in Britain? I don't mind missing out on a figurine but you shouldn't cut out part of the actual game just because one store decides it wants a bigger piece of the pie. That just shows they don't care about the fans getting the full experience if it means there's a bit less cash for the money pile.

/rant

Subzerowings

May 1, 2009
Mezzamine said:
Why do people in Gamestop get exclusive maps? What about those of us in Britain? I don't mind missing out on a figurine but you shouldn't cut out part of the actual game just because one store decides it wants a bigger piece of the pie. That just shows they don't care about the fans getting the full experience if it means there's a bit less cash for the money pile.

/rant
Actally if you get the black edition you get those two maps + an extra one. Too bad it's sold out everywhere. I'm going to buy it off e-bay.

ghalkhsdkssakgh

Jul 16, 2009
Subzerowings said:
Mezzamine said:

/rant
Actally if you get the black edition you get those two maps + an extra one. Too bad it's sold out everywhere. I'm going to buy it off e-bay.
Oh, I'm still going to try and get it. I'll just be pissed off while I do so.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Cool, looks great, especially the figurine... but meh, too expensive, and probably by the time I get the money some lucky bastards will get them before I do.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
Ph33nix said:
LOL yet another game releasing a ridiculous collectors edition with a figurine.
the first one had a figurine as well and frankly a figurine is better than some post cards or extra videos or something stupid like some collector's editions have

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
The black edition looks ridiculously cool.
Lucky Im in the UK I guess ;)

I dont mind shelling out for Limited Editions when they contain cool stuff like figures, books and art.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Hey, if I didn't buy the Fallout 3 Limited Edition thingy, I'm not shelling out for an Assassin's Creed LE.

Still, I'll probably buy the standard edition of the game. Looks sweet.

PhantomCritic

May 9, 2009
I've never been in favour of special editions of games. At least they haven't taken an example from CoD: MW 2 with the NVG goggles. I can imagine it now: Includes A Fully Functioning Set of Assassin's Throwing Knives! ^_^

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
MacDonaldFin said:
At least they haven't taken an example from CoD: MW 2 with the NVG goggles. I can imagine it now: Includes A Fully Functioning Set of Assassin's Throwing Knives!
Screw throwing knives, they should include hidden blade with gun attatchment.
This thing annoys me because black edition gets three maps, but maybe I'll wait a little longer and see if Black comes to the US.(With this, though, I doubt it :(. )

420th POST, LIGHT UP, WHOOOOOOOOO.

EDIT: Just checked GameStop.com, this seems to be selling for $80 US(if this is the Master Assassin Edition(which, if the pictures are right, it is))