The Last Of Us Goes Gold

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
The Last Of Us Goes Gold

For real and for true, The Last Of Us is happening.

It's been an interesting ride for The Last Of Us, Sony's long-awaited post-apocalyptic nightmare for the PlayStation 3. Naughty Dog, the studio behind the game, has made some big promises about what it will bring to the table, and also some bold claims about what it had to go through to maintain its vision. Perhaps most controversial was the claim that it was pushed to violent content [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121064-Naughty-Dog-Flat-Out-Refused-to-Change-Last-of-Us-Cover], which Creative Director Neil Druckmann stated is "necessary for the story."

Then in February came word that the whole thing was delayed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122108-Sony-Delays-The-Last-of-Us]: Sony pushed the release date back from May 7 to June 14, leading Druckmann to say that the game is "Naughty Dog's most ambitious project to date," and thus it needed more time to get it done. Hey, these things happen.

But the waiting is over! Or at least, the waiting to find out whether you'll have to wait some more is over. Got it? The point is that Naughty Dog Co-President Christophe Balestra posted a photo on Instagram earlier today with a message stating, "This is happening right now," the "this" in question being an image of a screen that reads, "makedisc ship final." In other words, that's g-g-g-gold, folks!

And that's good news, because it means The Last Of Us will be out right on schedule, on June 14.

Source: Instagram [http://instagram.com/p/ZV0356CWEW/#]

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Now that its gold, I wish they didn't have to delay the game another month. I may have to go on a trip around time when this game releases.

TiberiusEsuriens said:
This game is the reason I wish I had a PS3 :(

It feels a little too late to join the party.
I remember God of War 2 coming out for PS2 around 2 years after PS3 was released.

I say you still have time.

Jun 11, 2009
THE HYPEST SHIT YOU EVER DID SEE

Zombine3D said:
i literally bought a ps3 (used oc, i'm not nuts to pay 300euro when i can pay 150) this monday and my game collection seems to skyrocket! I got Heavy Rain, MAG, INfamous and now i'll get this. and then Beyond: Two Souls and THEN the MGS:UltimateCollection-Thing. I am so happy that I got this in the end of the cycle ^_^
You're still missing Shadow of the Colossus, Okami HD, Resistance: Fall of man and Resistance 3.
And God of War, and Jak & Daxter, and Ratchet & Clank . . .

LtFerret

Jun 4, 2009
Gold
Always believe in your soul
You've got the power to know
You're indestructible
Always believe in, because you are
Gold

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Wait, what now? It's coming out next month?

Holy balls, I'm behind the times.

I think I'm just going to wait a while for the price to drop a bit and to see if the combat is as good as I was lead to believe.

Big_Boss_Mantis

May 28, 2012
When is the GOW Ascencion exclusive demo for this game being released?
I wanna put that disc to some use, since the main game was so underwhelming...

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
mysecondlife said:
Now that its gold, I wish they didn't have to delay the game another month. I may have to go on a trip around time when this game releases.

TiberiusEsuriens said:
This game is the reason I wish I had a PS3 :(

It feels a little too late to join the party.
I remember God of War 2 coming out for PS2 around 2 years after PS3 was released.

I say you still have time.
I agree. I predict a lot of games will come out for both console generations for a little while. Besides, a 500 gig ps3 slim is only $250...