4A Games Reveals DLC Plans For Metro: Last Light

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
4A Games Reveals DLC Plans For Metro: Last Light

Given the success of Metro: Last Light, it should come as no surprise that the game has a host of DLC on the way.

This morning the official 4A Games Twitter account detailed the studio's plans for upcoming Metro: Last Light DLC as well as the game's Season Pass initiative. If that seems like a whole lot of information to stuff into 140 characters, you're right. It is. Even using TwitLonger, this seems like the most convoluted possible way to drop a press release.

That said, the information contained in 4A's "tweet" should come as good news to fans of Metro: Last Light. "Artyom's story may have been concluded in Metro: Last Light, but there are other characters with stories to tell, some familiar locations that fans of the Metro series wanted to revisit, and some new challenges that 4A wanted to explore," says creative director Andrew Prokhorov. "Since completing the game we have been working on these new stories and hope to release them throughout the summer."

According to 4A's announcement, each of the DLC releases will be "single player content that is set in the same Metro universe, but which isn't part of Artyom's personal journey in Metro: Last Light." More specifically, the company explains what players will gain access to by spending $15 for the Metro: Last Light Season Pass:

Season Pass contents:

The Faction Pack and the Chronicles Pack, which both focus on new and original single player gameplay and stories that expand upon the Metro: Last Light universe.

The Tower Pack focuses on challenge and pure gameplay for Metro veterans.

The Developer Pack will give creative players some interesting tools with which to explore the world of Metro.

In addition to these different individual Packs, the Season Pass includes the Absats weapon - a buckshot-firing heavy machine gun - ready for use in the Metro!

As you'd expect, that $15 price tag is a discounted price compared to buying each of these DLC releases individually. We don't know how much of a discount it is though, as 4A claims that it's not yet ready to reveal that information. However, it does state that the aforementioned Faction Pack will be released in June with the remaining DLC additions scheduled to follow "throughout this Summer."

Source: TwitLonger [http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rke398]

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Hey, I kinda predicted that last night, sweet!

The Absats just sounds like the Heavy Auto from 2033, a belt fed auto shotgun is awesome, but why did it not just return anyway? Single player content sounds great, maybe sometime as Andrew the Blacksmith, or time as Khan, Ulman or Hunter? I'd love to play a campaign as Khan, wandering the Metro doing good deeds and inserting pointy darts into bandit's necks.

Sean Kay

Jul 4, 2011
More story is always good, especially in something as well written as Metro. Hopefully you'll get to play as Khan
Tower pack sounds interesting, I'm guessing some kind of FPS tower defense holding off waves of mutants and Nazi's in the tunnels, with maybe some stealth challenges mixed in
The Developer Pack sounds like the odd one out for now, but if I had to guess it'll probably be a collection of different guns, upgrades, armour and just generally be a box of goodies. Possibly even including Ranger Mode for people who didn't pre-order

Absolutionis

Sep 18, 2008
It's actually rather disappointing. I was waiting for the $55 PC game to be reduced to a more reasonable $50 before I pick it up, but I guess I'll have to wait for the complete version of the came to come put in one years' time.

Considering the rate of depreciation in MSRP for videogames these days, I'm not really sure why these publishers encourage us to not get the game the week of release.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
This is the kind of DLC I like, expand on the story, go in a new direction and not just more of the same. Now I just need the game, but I'm waiting until I have a decent computer before I buy it.

Yellowbeard

Nov 2, 2010
All I want is the goddamn Ranger mode, and fuck you guys for not making that a standard part of the game.