Meet the Team Question for The Escapist Issue 60

Joe

Jul 7, 2006
Meet the Team Question for The Escapist Issue 60

Each week we ask a question of our staff and featured writers to learn a little bit about them and gain some insight into where they are coming from.

This week's question is:

Russ received a phone call today confirming his reservation for a steakhouse in Boston. We're based out of Durham, North Carolina, about 12 hours away. That didn't stop us from planning the hastiest road trip on record, though. Ultimately, our plans went to waste because we couldn't get our hands on the company credit card, but it did cause us all to wonder: How far would you drive for a good steak?

Mur Lafferty, "D&D Therapy"
It all depends on how you define "good" - a steak covered in gold would take me as far as 100 miles, but just a well-cooked steak would probably only take me 30 miles.

Shannon Drake, "There's a lot More to Tell"
I would drive 500 miles
And I would drive 500 more
Just to be the man who drove 1000 miles
To eat a steak

Max Steele, "Three Under 30"
When Max Steele wants a steak, a steak is brought to him.

JR Sutich, Contributing Editor
How far is it to Joe's mom's house?

Russ Pitts, Associate Editor
Vegas.

Joe Blancato, Associate Editor
Joe was unavailable for comment. On his desk, however, was a note reading, "Gone to Boston. Steak good; Red Sox suck."

Jon Hayter, Producer
I would drive as far as the local butcher. I make good steak.

Julianne Greer, Executive Editor
About 10 miles to here [http://www.bin54restaurant.com/index.html]. Beyond that is unnecessary.

Now, we put the question to you: How far would you drive for a good steak?

Lex Darko

Aug 13, 2006
I would drive 10 miles to my local famer's market and make a day out of cooking good food while watching movies.

Goofonian

Jul 14, 2006
For me it depends on the size. A good steak can be had at many of the restaurants withing walking distance of my apartment. But I'm planning a trip to a place called ribs and rumps in sydney (will take me an hour and a half on a plane then probably an hour in a car to get there). They like to sell steaks in 1kg pieces.

(for the yanks: 1kg = 2.2 pounds)