Sharpshooting Blackeye Aims To Steal All Your Epic Loot

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Sharpshooting Blackeye Aims To Steal All Your Epic Loot

"The name's Blackeye Bowgart." You sure it isn't Robert Shaw?

The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.387461-Love-Thy-Neighbors-Epic-Loot-in-This-Castle-Raiding-Game] has, up till now, concentrated on that overbearing windbag Sir Painhammer, but there are other members of Opulencia's elite that you should meet. Among them is this cheerful fellow Blackeye Bowgart, part Robert Shaw, part Robbing Hood, and he's got a few new tricks to show you. Should you be worried about his slings and arrows aiming for your outrageous fortune? Probably, but those hamsters and that chicken army will also cause you concern.

The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot is Ubisoft's castle-raiding romp. You build your defenses strong and hope they stand the test when your neighbors come calling, and meanwhile pay visits to their loot vaults as often as possible. It's going to be a free-to-play when it finally launches, but at the moment it's in closed alpha, and there's no confirmed release date yet. This one's strictly for the PC crowd, at least for now, but Ubisoft isn't ruling out consoles; time enough for that build, Ubisoft thinks, when the PC version is perfected.

Just bear in mind, when you finally are able to design your Opulencia hacienda, that folks just like Blackeye will want to pay you a visit. Better train those hamsters to be extra mean!

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
Chicken army?!

DONE!

Ubisoft has been putting out some good stuff lately. It makes me feel a bit uncomfortable like a giant shit storm of awful is just over the horizon.

Naqel

Nov 21, 2009
1337mokro said:
Ubisoft has been putting out some good stuff lately. It makes me feel a bit uncomfortable like a giant shit storm of awful is just over the horizon.
Not from Ubi though, and it's called "Microsoft at E3".

Come to think of it, Ubi never wanted to be a big bad corporation, they were/are just a bit confused and misguided.

You'd be too if you landed a hit series like Assassins Creed, and had more money than you know what to do with, and more hype than you feel capable of living up to.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--heyVY56pBg/UTzV1UdujmI/AAAAAAAAND8/knOZekdQZAk/s640/assassins_creed_iv-wallpapers_hd+(1).jpg
I am actually looking forward to that. It could be a game where I had to hook up a car battery to my balls and as long as it had proper and exciting 18th century ship combat in it I'd still play it. I am just that big of a fucking naval geek.

Marak Daga

Feb 1, 2012
ahh shame its ubisoft... might have tried it otherwise.

edit: capta chuck norris.

yeah i bet he wouldnt try it either.

mateushac

Apr 4, 2010
This game seriously makes me consider dropping some money on nasty F2P. Where's the catch?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I competely forgot about this game until now.

It look similar to Diablo 3 (in saying so D3 is similar to other games) but way more fun and imaginative!

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Now that I've seen it I'm less interested, it just looks like Torchlight and Diablo with a dungeon builder... I don't know what I was expecting though, maybe a Dark Souls ripoff with a castle builder or a scaled up Grimrock, something more roguelike for sure... oh well I don't buy ubisoft, now I can scratch this one off my list with out being tempted to give Ubi a break.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
This game looks extremely slow paced to me when compared to TL2, for instance.
I dunno, it just looks really cheap and the trailer was... well very lame IMO. The comedy fell flat for me and it just feels like it's trying really, really hard to be really, really quirky without actually knowing what it's doing.

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
Looks fun. going to be hard to beat path of exile as a dungeon crawler though. Loving the hell out of path of exile still, however, by the time i get to play this it may be time for something fresh.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
I'm in the closed beta. The Diablo-esque game is fun, I never at any point felt the need to buy anything. However, it is easily forgettable. I totally forgot that I had this game for months.