Peter Molyneux's Curiosity Finally Chipped Away

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Peter Molyneux's Curiosity Finally Chipped Away

The winner is Bryan Henderson of Edinburgh.

Peter Molyneux's Curiosity: What's Inside The Cube [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123407-Curiosity-Update-Lets-Players-Pay-to-Add-Cubes], his social experiment that promised a life-changing reward for the one to chip away its last little cubelet, is over. Bryan Henderson of Edinburgh is the winner, and this video is what he saw as the experiment came to an end. Not only does Henderson get the satisfaction of knowing that he, of all the thousands of people who chipped away at the cube, was the one to finish it; Henderson also gets to be a God, in Godus.

It's no small reward. having a nap [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124208-Peter-Molyneuxs-Godus-Goes-With-Free-to-Play-Publisher].

Whatever Henderson may be planning for his first act as a creature of unimaginable power, congratulations are in order. Well done! Now be merciful to us players, oh all-seeing one. Please?

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Wow that's actually a pretty good reward.

I was expecting there to be a rickroll or Peter Molyneux just going "Well done, it's the journey that counts!"

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
So, this could either be a brilliant reward, or a completely awful one depending how good Godus is.

Timmey

May 29, 2010
Sucks for him if he doesn't enjoy the game, still pretty cool concept. Pretty much an ultra admin I suppose.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Although Godus is obscure as hell, this might get it a nice little extra PR boost.

Since more than a few gaming websites will give this their attention, you can bet Godus will gain some players.

Sucks to be the winner though if the game sucks 3 ways into sunday and no one wants to play it, including the winner.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
This is either really good or really bad, depending on how good Godus is.

It could also be really bad if this Henderson guy turns out to be an uninteresting guy. Ah, well. Only time will tell.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
People, you all seem to be missing the key part of the reward...

...will give Henderson cash, as he'll be getting a cut of every Godus sale.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
I still think it would have been better if it was just Peter in a bikini dancing to epic sax guy with money raining down from above while ninjas fly a banner in the back reading "Did curiosity get the better of you?", the man would go down as the greatest troll in history and there would be outrage and celebration over him for years to come.

Entitled

Aug 27, 2012
And what would have been "inside the cube" if the Godus Kickstarter would have failed?

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Inevitably people are already downing on this. I personally think this is a definitive experiment, truly letting someone other than the developers shape the way a game is played. Good or bad, the end result can give us an idea of just how we as gamers could affect the games we play if we were given this form of control. And the other half of the reward is actually profiting off of how successful the game is due to the "winner".
Whether the outcome is positive or negative it has potential.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
I'm glad it was nothing I can't live without, considering I never clicked a single box.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
This is...painfully forgettable. Come on, thousands of people swept away their phone's screen for months and we couldn't even get to see them rage? Now we are left with a giant "huh that was it?"

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!!!

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Shinsei-J said:
I still think it would have been better if it was just Peter in a bikini dancing to epic sax guy with money raining down from above while ninjas fly a banner in the back reading "Did curiosity get the better of you?", the man would go down as the greatest troll in history and there would be outrage and celebration over him for years to come.
...why did you just burn that image into my skull. It's gonna take a lot of mind bleach, or in my case a lot of Ratchet and Clank, to get that outta my head.

OT: Eh I have to say that's a pretty cool reward.

mdqp

Oct 21, 2011
You know what would be awesome? If the new "God" is actually a griefer, and will try to make live for everyone in Godus miserable, despite it earning less money for him.

Rush Syks

Jan 29, 2013
I actually think this is great. When you think about what Molyneux could have done, involving someone completely random into his first true independent game so deeply is quiet a drastic move to pull. I mean this guy could ruin the whole experience for everyone, including 22cans, just for the kicks.

So bravo Mister Molyneux, you really impressed me.

draigan89

Dec 11, 2009
Personally I think it's a fairly decent reward, for the winner. It's not exactly world changing for anyone else though, but it's not as bad as it could have been.

Kuilui

Apr 1, 2010
That's a pretty good prize, free money being generated until this game dies is pretty sweet. Doesn't even matter if its only 50 bucks, it is still a free 50 dollar bill. Now when he says you get to be a god. I can't imagine this guy being able to lord over the game literally and be like "You displease me Vegetaxxx23 with your village, let it rain lava! mwahahahahaha!" Then again this is Molyneux were talking about here. So it probably will be that. Have fun going insane with power!