261: Loaded and Ready to Run

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
LRR is the only real reason I have for wanting to go to Canada, they seem awesome as hell and I'd really enjoy meeting them. I've talked to a couple of the crew through e-mails and during some of the live events on the chat and they seem to be really nice people and the LRRcasts almost make me feel like a mute member of the crew for 45 minutes.

Shadowflame66

Ex-SOLDIER
Feb 13, 2010
LRR is without a doubt the best thing that ever came from my discovering The Escapist. After watching Unskippable and joining in last year's Desert Bus for Hope, I went through their entire archive in several days of endless watching.

Now LoadingReadyRun is my browser homepage, so they're the first thing I get to check every day. I've yet to have a bad day that watching an LRR video couldn't make better.

LRR for life! You guys are the greatest.

Joseph Eckert

Feb 28, 2010
Kyogissun said:
I hope I get to meet the crew someday, that's really something I'd look forward to...

Great article Nick.
My sentiment exactly.
LRR is what brought me to the escapist and I find it amazing how welcoming both groups are, a reinforced idea after this article and the 5th anniversary video.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
I'll be honest... while I had heard of Desert Bus through the various game news blogs I follow, I never really watched any LRR videos for the longest time. Hell, I didn't watch Unskippable until that whole Zero Punctuation crossover they did (I never actually visited the Escapist site itself, I just had made a Live Bookmark of ZP). One archive binge through Unskippable later, and I was hooked. And I'll admit I never made it a religious habit of watching the main LRR videos until they came to the Escapist (I had watched a few, Joystique [http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/440/The-Joystique] is the first one that comes to mind), but I'll easily call myself a fan of them now.

Tensen01

Jan 13, 2009
I have been following and Watching LRR since "Who Watches Movies" waaay back in season 1. They've been at the top of my bookmarks ever since. I've done artwork for a couple vids and hope to help more in the future. Keep it up guys, you're the only community I've been a part of for any length of time and I plan on being a part of it till it implodes.

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
MowDownJoe said:
Joystique [http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/440/The-Joystique]
Rad. That's my one solo writing credit on a video. I'll be over here secretly pleased that at least one person knows it.

-m

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
LRR is the only reason I make it through my job. 8 hours in a factory on midnights working for just slightly above minimum wage doing work that no sane person would do for such a low price. My friend who works in the factory we ship to makes twice as much as I do, but he doesn't get to listen to LRRCasts. It's those little hour long nuggets or so of awesome that get me through my eight hours of nightly hell. Today I lost my laptop that had all those LRRcasts and it really struck me how much you guys influence my life. I need the sultry sounds of your voices in a day, otherwise I just feel odd. I will be moving to B.C in the coming years in order to get a teaching job (as Ontario has a teacher surplus, anywhere else is better) and I really hope to make it out to see you guys. I've been watching since Time is Money, and I've seen all the videos in the archive, and all the LRRcasts multiple times.

P.S: (In LRR fashion) FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Great article! I'm very jealous that you got to meet the LRR guys. I'm a newcommer to them, but they are really great. I see a grew future for all of them. I really hope it's together and they can remain friends and do what they do forever. They give me something to look forward to on Mondays, and has even inspired my friends and I to start doing more things on video...which is probably a bad idea but at least we have someone to blame :p. I have to admit that I'm not really much of a person to be a fanboy but I can say that I'm definitely turning into one on LRR. They are the only subscription I have on Youtube, and while that might seem trivial for most people, it really means something for me, as I never planned to sub anyone. These guys are great and I hope they can do what they do forever.

TheMadDormouse

Jul 5, 2010
LRR are some of my favorites among the current generation of comedians. I think part of the reason I have such a soft spot for them is that they don't fall into the trap of seeming too cynical or vitriolic. They really seem to enjoy what they do and it shows in their work. I hope their comedy continues to become more of a serious job without ever feeling too serious or job-like.

So here's to your continued success and happiness lrr crew, may the one never interfere with the other.

gnomebard

Jun 29, 2010
it's nice to see the full 3 page article on you guys! your moving up. slowly perhaps. but still going. :)

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
LRR are a great group of people and I do love their video's, so it's nice to know they're slowly working their way up the ladder in this big internet game.

Great article.

wartjr2373

Nov 28, 2009
Congratulations guys. It's been a long time coming, but you're finally gaining the popularity and exposure you deserve.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
LRR--further proof that awesome things can come out of Canada.

I kidd, I kidd, Canada is already pretty damn awesome. And I can't think of a single LRR (or LRR made) shortie that I didn't absolutely love. Keep it up, guys.

Karisse

Apr 16, 2008
Excellent read. I really like the work these folks do. I wouldn't mind having a beer with them either.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Wow... I had no idea Paul was ThingsOnMyHead...

I just thought they looked similar!

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
Definitely the most entertaining people on this site to me. I've loved all of their shows so far.

LoadingReadyRun is a credit to The Escapist and their Canadian humour always makes my day brighter. ;D