261: Zero Punctuation: Achieving the Cross-media Transformation of Ludological Hermeneutics

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Lizardon said:
Very good job sir. I hate those people who try to deconstruct everything to try and find the symbolism.
Agreed. In most cases, it takes the enjoyment out of whatever they're over-analyzing.

MysticnFm

Jul 8, 2009
...Wait, what?

This article recieves my highest level of approval for managing to utterly perplex so many people.

Varewulf

Nosgoth Fanboy
Oct 22, 2009
Considering it says that Max Steele got his PhD from Miskatonic University, I suspect it's a pseudonym. Maybe Yahtzee himself trying to avoid being murdered by Rebecca Mayes by claiming he's actually a feminist, hmmm? ;)

However, it does all make a sort of sense that I wouldn't put entirely beyond mr Croshaw to actually have been trying to put in some devious potshots at his audience. He's a clever bastard. :p

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Urgh. The sad part is that it can't be that long before some numpty tries to do this in a serious fashion.

Nice job calling him out the constant theme of serious pretentiousness in the videos, though :p

Marmooset

Mar 29, 2010
my_ledge_ends said:
I don't recall those lyrics. I got no memory of anything at all relating to that song.

As for the picture, I got no means to show my identification, no papers to show you what I am. I figured, "Hey, i don't give a damn."
Hey, stop staring at me like a bird of prey!

my_ledge_ends

Dec 26, 2008
Marmooset said:
my_ledge_ends said:
I don't recall those lyrics. I got no memory of anything at all relating to that song.

As for the picture, I got no means to show my identification, no papers to show you what I am. I figured, "Hey, i don't give a damn."
Hey, stop staring at me like a bird of prey!
Your language is strange. Look, I don't have a decoder, why don't you make your intention clear? Tell me the truth, you've got nothing to fear.

Knoxy

Aug 12, 2009
Evil the White said:
This sounds like something my old English teacher would pull out of her arse.

So, does he do it on purpose, or is it all inadvertantly lined up by nature? Or is this guy taking the mick? You decide.
Given that this is printed at the top of the page:
Remember those overly verbose criticisms that you were forced to read in college, written by intellectuals who used 10 cent words just because they could? Max Steele has taken that style and applied it to something that really matters: Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation reviews.
I'd say he's taking the mick.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well, that was something to make me chuckle on my lunch break...

all I can say is, good show XD

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Well I managed to understand most of that... but at what cost? I think it killed off a few brain cells. Damn you, Max Steele.

BlueHighwind

Jan 24, 2010
As Calvin of "Calvin and Hobbes" once said: "I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!"

http://www.cgu.edu/images/calvin-writing.gif

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Dont't have a PhD (yet), but from a scientific viewpoint there's nothing wrong with this article. Of course, it still feels like a written joke, albeit a high-brow one. Fun! :)

I always thought it was 'a menstruating leper'. Oh well, both make sense in a way, I suppose.

Marmooset

Mar 29, 2010
my_ledge_ends said:
Your language is strange. Look, I don't have a decoder, why don't you make your intention clear? Tell me the truth, you've got nothing to fear.
Uh, you're not one of us?

(Wait- wrong song. Wrong album, even.

Damn damn damn damn DAMN damn...)

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
That was painful. Another example of "just because you can doesn't mean you should." I didn't feel like spending the requisite time breaking the code of pretentiousness. Yeah, it's a joke. Maybe if I wasn't sick and looking at it didn't give me a headache I'd have found it funnier.