261: Zero Punctuation: Achieving the Cross-media Transformation of Ludological Hermeneutics

indiana_104

May 28, 2010
Oh, I feel really stupid.I thought he was just over-analyzing Yahtzee, not taking the piss out of over-intellectualization.

Why is it that I never, ever, get these things until I see other people's opinions?
I am so gullible...

But anyway, funny article once you see it from a different perspective.

SpaceCop

Feb 14, 2010
Sure it's funny, but only because there are people out there doing this kind of thing for real. Argghhh.

my_ledge_ends

Dec 26, 2008
Marmooset said:
my_ledge_ends said:
Your language is strange. Look, I don't have a decoder, why don't you make your intention clear? Tell me the truth, you've got nothing to fear.
Uh, you're not one of us?

(Wait- wrong song. Wrong album, even.

Damn damn damn damn DAMN damn...)
I grieve for our secret world.

LightspeedJack

May 2, 2010
How could anyone not instantly know this is a joke? A pretty funny one, if albeit unneccesarily long.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Varewulf said:
Considering it says that Max Steele got his PhD from Miskatonic University, I suspect it's a pseudonym.
Hey, don't dis the Fighting Cephalopods, man! My alma mater could beat up your alma mater! (After driving it insane with alien geometries. And maybe eating it.)

RvLeshrac

This is a Forum Title.
Oct 2, 2008
blah_ducks said:
I'm sort of ashamed that I went to dictionary.com seven times just for a joke that I can't really laugh at since I've yet to go to collage. T~T

Although, it made me re-watch the Dragon Age: Origins review, and that one made me laugh a lot. :D
You should consider a college, instead. Much larger, and not usually so flimsy.

------------------------------------

I weep that society turns out people who *can't* understand this article, regardless of grade level. It was a joke.

butteforce

Mar 4, 2010
LightspeedJack said:
How could anyone not instantly know this is a joke? A pretty funny one, if albeit unneccesarily long.
Because, good sir, some people have the approximate density of a collapsed star whilst still possessing the ferocity of a robot built out of mountain lions.

I also had not ever seen the phrase "taking the mick" before. And thanks to the wonders of Internet, my suspicions of its meaning have been confirmed.

In reference to the article itself, I have a feeling I'm going to find myself talking like an asshole all day now.

GunboatDiplomat

Mar 23, 2009
Scrumpmonkey said:
For those who didn't 'get' the article, it's meant to be dense.

This is not a serious article.

It's a pardoy of over-intellectualising something that is not very intelectual i.e. a hat wearing angry sweary man who hates stuff. The language is meant to say very little but in very big overinfated words. I also detect a slight amount of self mockery of the escapist who tend to do very in depth analysis which can easily (but usually dosen't here at the Escapist, it's been very well done) stray into pointless chin stroking and posturing.
Yes but unfortunately the article is not very funny :(

GeoSnipe

Jun 13, 2009
Interesting read and puts a spin on the underlying messages that some people may think are there, or maybe Yahtzee just likes using sexual visualisation?

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
BlueInkAlchemist said:
Max Steele should be living under a bridge handing out business cards.
That and did anybody else get the painful urge to say "No Fucking Duh Mr. BigWord Man."

Gotta love trolls. XD

ark123

Feb 19, 2009
Breaker deGodot said:
ark123 said:
GO GO THESAURUS GADGET
You got that a little backwards, methinks.
I'm supposedly quoting yahtzee

Edit - For humorous effect. It's not an actual quote. Neither do I think I'm professor gadget.