DuckTales: Remastered Announced for PCs

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
DuckTales: Remastered Announced for PCs

PC versions of Capcom's remake will launching this summer.

DuckTales is one the classic examples of a great licensed game. That in mind it's no surprise that when Capcom announced it would be <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122859-Capcom-Taps-WayForward-To-Revive-DuckTales>publishing a modern day remake with hand drawn visuals and remastered music, it inspired excitement in fans of retro gaming. Now PC gamers can share in the jubilation because Capcom has announced that it will be releasing versions for Steam, Origin and other digital download services.

"You guys demanded it, so we're unbelievably happy to announce that your most requested platform will indeed be receiving DuckTales: Remastered," said Capcom. "Capcom's heartwarming collaboration with Disney and WayForward will definitely be pogoing onto hard drives everywhere via Steam, Origin, Impulse, GamersGate, Green Man Gaming and numerous other places PC gamers download their wares." Similar to the versions to the Wii U, PSN and XBLA versions, the PC edition will sell for $14.99. It will also be launching this summer, within a window similar to the console versions.

While the mere existence of DuckTales: Remastered is a serious boon for retro gamers, it's just one of several collaborations between Capcom and Disney that old school gamers would probably love to see given similar treatment. DuckTales 2 would be something of an obvious choice, but personally, I'd love to see some love extended to Chip 'N Dale: Rescue Rangers. DuckTales may be good, but it doesn't let you toss Player Two down a pit to an untimely doom, now does it?

Source: <a href=www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/06/04/ducktales-remastered-confirmed-for-pc>Capcom Unity

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
Ducktales!
DVS BSTrD said:
Say it with me everybody: Oo-oo
Life is like a hurricane here in Duckburg
Race cars, lasers, aeroplanes - it's a duck blur
You might solve a mystery or rewrite history

Duck Tales, Oo-oo
Tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales, oo-oo

D-d-d-danger, watch behind you - there's a stranger out to find you
What to do? Just grab onto some Duck Tales, oo-oo!
Not pony tails or cotton tails but Duck Tales, oo-oo!

When it seems they're headed for the final curtain
Bold deduction never fails, that's for certain
The worst of messes become successes!

Duck Tales, Oo-oo
Tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales, oo-oo
Not pony tails or cotton tails but Duck Tales, oo-oo!

All together now!

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
Was hoping for a lower price point. Not that it's egregious, but I already own the NES version and it's a pretty damn short platformer without much depth or replayability.

Eh, might pick it up.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Color me interested.

I hope this does well enough to do remastered versions of 'The Lion King'.
<3

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
Can't say this is my kind of game, but I'd have insta bought a remade Donald Duck Quack Attack. Damn I loved that game.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Wow. Colored me surprised. I honestly expected the PC to not get a PC release. I will gratefully admit I was wrong.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
If Scrooge breaks that box open, then the resulting flood of money would drown the earth.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Well...! That's completely out of left field.

I won't say I'm displeased, though. I think at best I might have played a little of Ducktales on one of the old "Playchoice 10" machines, but lovingly redone retro games that merited the effort are always welcome.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Best of the 3 said:
Can't say this is my kind of game, but I'd have insta bought a remade Donald Duck Quack Attack. Damn I loved that game.
I honestly think that this might be the first time I've ever heard anyone say that they loved Quack Attack...
Wasn't it just a really generic PS1 platformer? That said I doubt they will be remaking/remastering a PS1 game like that anytime soon.

Apr 5, 2008
I remember this game, absolutely loved it. I think I played it on Amiga so long ago it was. $15 is a little much, so I'll wishlist it till it goes on sale then nab it :)

Now I just want a remake of Jedi Knight II and III, Outcast, Thief I and II and Deus Ex and my desire will be sated.

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
Rednog said:
Best of the 3 said:
I honestly think that this might be the first time I've ever heard anyone say that they loved Quack Attack...
Wasn't it just a really generic PS1 platformer? That said I doubt they will be remaking/remastering a PS1 game like that anytime soon.
Generic probably but I enjoyed it. Most likely nostalgia more than anything for me, I'm not really a platformer fan to begin with. It helps it was probably one of my first games ever. I had it for the PC though, not sure if the versions were any different.

It was a short and sweet game, switching between 2d and 3d platforming, with charming if a little bit simple graphics and boss battles to shake things up a bit and time attack mode for a challenge.

That and I've never played Duck Tails so I can't actually give a good opinion on it.

A'tuin

May 6, 2013
Cool, next Ducktales game to remaster should be Ducktales: Quest for gold https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DuckTales:_The_Quest_for_Gold.

That game had everything: dungeon exploring, mountain climbing, jungle platforming, swimming in money, dodging UFO's and anvils with aeroplane.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
Hopefully now that Wayforward has worked with Steam on a release, Their Greenlight bullshit may lessen and Shantae will finally be released. I want to buy both!