Modern Warfare Comes to the Wii

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Modern Warfare Comes to the Wii

Treyarch [http://www.activision.com].

"Wait a minute," I hear you saying. "Modern Warfare was developed by Wii [http://www.infinityward.com/].

Got that? It may seem like an awkward (and confusing) choice but with Infinity Ward presumably hard at work putting the finishing touches on Modern Warfare 2 [http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/], Treyarch's familiarity with the franchise makes it the natural second choice. No details about the nature of the port have been revealed, so how it will be changed to accommodate the Wii hardware and what sort of multiplayer support it will offer is unknown at this point.

What is known is that there's going to be no shortage of Modern Warfare for the holidays: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare for the Wii will launch on November 10, the same day as Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 2.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
So they're only two years behind the other consoles. Impressive.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
I'm expecting all Infinity Ward logos to be scribbled out and replaced with Treyarch ones. If not I'll be disappointed.

That is, if I ever buy this game for the Wii.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Ugh. Treyarch needs to let go of the CoD franchise.
Let them get their own games to screw up.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Well, this all hinges on one thing.

Will this be a proper down graphiced port or will it be an 'exclusive campaign' the way PS2/Wii World at War was?
The former will be great but on form the second would be dire. It needs to have cube controller options as well, the Wii is dire for standard FPS games.

neoman10

Big Brother
Sep 23, 2008
what wrong with Treyarch? I honestly believe that the only reason that it was disliked is because everyone was spoiled by advanced, automatic, recoil-less weaponry. I like WWII and love single shot rifles. yeah you heard me. I still hate this idea because the Wii is awful

ghalkhsdkssakgh

Jul 16, 2009
I can see Treyarch using this as an oppurtunity to sabotage Infinity Ward's legacy. It should be interesting (and by interesting I mean cringe-worthy) to see how this turns out.

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
Hmm, I'm fairly skeptical about this, but I guess I can't really say anything definitive about it until we see some videos or screenshots.

Sporadic chaos

Jul 21, 2009
DO NOT WANT!

But really, I think this is doomed to failure. Plus we will now have a bunch of Wii fanboys yell "OMG WII IS HARDCORE!!11!!11!".

Halfbreed13

Apr 21, 2009
Uh, I don't know why people are opposed to it. If the game is bad, Wii owners will not get it. If it is good, they get a great game. I will play this on my super computer 5000 because it is the win of the epic variety, but why all the hate for making a Wii copy?

EDIT: I just read the OP and saw Treyarh.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
This will not be good... the graphics are not going to be up to par because of the Wii's limitations and the controls will be awkward and shaky. But what do I know... the game isn't out yet. Don't knock it till you try it, am I right?

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
I'm intrigued actually. I played MW to death on the PC, but I'm a sucker for Wii control in FPS. I would like to see what they do with this. If they do it well, I wouldn't mind buying it again.

And really, we know it isn't going to be as good as the original, and Treyarch are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be. And I'm not talking about in comparison to IW, I just mean in general.

Just about every developer of Wii FPS games needs to take a page from HVSs book though and have customisable controls.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Halfbreed13 said:
If the game is bad, Wii owners will not get it.
The amount of utter shovelware we seem to have vomited into our laps from the some of the developers for the Wii begs to differ.

Obviously someone is buying that crap.

Accountfailed

May 27, 2009
AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS SUCH A BAD IDEA XD WOW, PREPARE FOR THE ARBITRARY WII-MOTE WAGGLE MELON KILLING TUTORIAL FELLAS. HAH, wow. I think I burst a blood vessel...