Robot Chicken Does Castlevania

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Robot Chicken Does Castlevania

Seth Green's stop-motion action-figure comedy show attempts to answer the age-old question, "What the hell is with the Belmonts and whips?"

Not much to say here, actually. It's always kind of fun seeing nerds in high places, whether we're talking about Vin Diesel being a huge D&D fan or - in this case - laughing at the fact that the Robot Chicken team has more than a few gamers in it. Y'know, if the Grand Theft Mario [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgNK4rvZS-8] from way back when hadn't tipped you off already.

This time, they're tackling beloved vampire-hunting franchise Castlevania. Rather than mock Simon Belmont for his ridiculously tiny shorts [http://media.photobucket.com/image/Simon%20Belmont%20castlevania/EmperorCesar/belmont.jpg] that even Daisy Duke would think twice before wearing, they poke fun at another interesting aspect of Castlevania: the Belmont clan's fondness for whips.

Seriously, what is it with the whips? You'd think that if you were going to take down evil minions of an undead vampire lord, you'd bring a good sword with you or something. But no, the Belmonts have to be different. They have to get in touch with their wild sides and use whips. That's just inconsiderate, really.

I'm hoping they'll get around to tackling Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney someday. That's just ripe with potential.

(Via Go Nintendo [http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=91929])

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
Vin Diesel's a huge D&D fan? When did this happen?

Hehe. I can always rely on Robot CHicken for a laugh.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Bwahaha! That was absolutely hilarious!
"I don't think my hand works now..."
Ahh...just the thing I needed to see to end my lunch break.
Awesome.

UncleAsriel

Pleasantly Lurking
Feb 13, 2008
Well, it's nice to see the bastard hobby of the Nintendo generation I've heard so many elders speak disparaginyl about come crawling out of the basement and into the light.

Nice to see, really. Something as mainstream as robot chicken, skewering an old fan favourite! It makes sense, really - they can only plumb the cartoons of the 80s for so long before they run out of good witticisms.

Plus, this is typoically funny stuff. "Could be a fetish?" As we say in the less civil parts of the internet, "I lol'd".

Anarchy In Detroit

May 26, 2008
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Vin Diesel's a huge D&D fan? When did this happen?

Hehe. I can always rely on Robot CHicken for a laugh.
Supposedly it's how he got into acting... playing around in character as his D&D dude. *shrug* That's what I heard anyways.

Anyways Robot Chicken pwns faces.

Feb 18, 2009
It´s not just an ordinary whip. It´s a chain whip...And thus the Belmont Family takes its first steps into a world of WH40K.

"Don´t you realize how loud that is?"
Hilarious :D

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:

Although I've still not forgiven you for the Calvin and Hobbes skit.
I loved the Calvin and Hobbes skit. Was definitely one of the most memorable ones I think.

calelogan

Jun 15, 2008
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Hehe. I can always rely on Robot Chicken for a laugh.
Agreed. All the way from their Star Wars to Mario-GTA parodies.

Robot Chicken is very funny.

Phoenix Wright should make it in someday. The game's funny on its own, imagine being parodied by Roboto Chicken.