Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow 2 Gets Dramatic In New Trailer

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow 2 Gets Dramatic In New Trailer

Do you like brooding, CGI, and even more brooding? Then you're in luck, because the newly-released Story Trailer for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 delivers in spades.

How generous of Konami to issue this new Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 trailer prior to the madness of next week's E3 rush! And to craft a vignette that clocks in at over six minutes long? It's like the publisher knows exactly what we want from a trailer - assuming what you want from this game is more of what its predecessor delivered.

You'll notice that the vast majority of footage in that trailer seems drawn from pre-rendered cutscenes, or at the very least those quick-time events that the original Lords of Shadow was so fond of. This is probably a solid indicator that Lords of Shadow 2 will play very much like its predecessor, only with new weapons, bosses and presumably some new powers based on the whole "our protagonist is a vampire now too" thing.

As much as I'd like to rebel against developer Mercurysteam taking the safe route and simply rehashing a lot of the ideas in its earlier game, I can't. Truth is, I really liked Lords of Shadow. It may not have been the Castlevania game I was hoping for or expecting, but in its own little niche it's a pretty great action-adventure game. If Lords of Shadow 2 lives up to the same level of quality, I'll be happy - especially if that Alucard appearance wasn't something I imagined.

If this trailer works for you as well, you can expect to see Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows platforms later this year. We'll bring you word just as soon as Konami opts to offer up an official release date.

Source: YouTube [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Ujh-8iqiY]

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Well, it sounds like Patrick Stewart is back which is always a plus. Wasn't entirely sure if that was still Robert Carlyle though. Hopefully it is.

But yeah, looking forward to this. Enjoyed the first Lords Of Shadow enough to be interested in picking this up at some stage.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
This looks so much better than the first one. I wasn't really a fan of it, due to the obvious twist before the final boss. However, the twist AFTER the final boss was pretty cool and of course the basis of the sequel. I wasn't a fan of the combat cross, so looking forward to more magical means for menacing mobs.

I pretend Mirror of Fate is just a prologue in LoS2's manual. As an actual game it barely held my interest watching an LP of it, and the demo turned me off. The entirely of its events could easily be summed up in a sentence or two. The big twist was so obvious, its actually a bigger shock that it was supposed to be a twist in the first place. There is such a thing as foreshadowing, and then there is giving the whole thing away in the beginning, and then going through the motions as if you hadn't.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Looks exciting. Missed the first one (though I'll pick it up when it shows up on PC). Definitely looks like a story I'll enjoy.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
If they can properly take the tale of Gabriel's fall and turn it into the basis for an entire new Castlevania series where we get to once again play as Simon, Trevor, Richter, Alucard, etc in trying to defeat him.... I'm all in. Lords Of shadow was pretty cool, despite being a blatant mishmash of Legend Of Zelda, God Of War, and Shadow of The Colossus that didn't quite work as well as any of those masterpieces.