Resident Evil: Revelations DLC Delivers Hunk, Ooze

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Resident Evil: Revelations DLC Delivers Hunk, Ooze

Two new trailers have emerged, detailing the next, imminent round of downloadable content additions for the console incarnation of Resident Evil: Revelations.

The two vignettes (one is embedded at top-right, the other below) each focus on one new addition to the Revelations roster. At top you'll find a video focusing on Lady Hunk, a distaff version of perennial Resident Evil secret character Hunk. At the bottom you'll see a clip centered on Rachael Ooze, a woman who is ... well, not really much of a woman anymore. Think of the character as an opportunity to fight fire with fire, or to be more accurate, an opportunity to fight horrible biological monstrosities with your own gross anathema unto nature.

Both of these characters are slated to come available on June 11, and each will be priced at $3. As with prior new character DLC offerings for the Resident Evil franchise, Lady Hunk and Rachael Ooze will not be available for use in the game's main story mode, but you can take them for a spin in the game's arcade-style Raid Mode.

Expect more info as it emerges.

Source: Capcom Unity [http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2013/06/07/revelations-lady-hunk-rachael-ooze-trailers-plus-junes-online-events]

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Oh for Throne sakes... didn't anyone tell "Lady Hunk" to put on some pants before heading out? I know this is Resident Evil but jeez. Bit strange to see the upper body fully decked out for combat and then nothing from the waist down...

Not sure how I feel about this game, I have it for the DS but the controls just feel so stiff to me, feel like a tank. Anyone else have that problem or am I just going nuts?

Tahaneira

Social Justice Rogue
Feb 1, 2011

Why.

Why, precisely, do they feel the need to sexualize that which does not need to be? Did they really think that it was vital to put Lady Hunk (WHY) in a skirt? What, did they think no one would believe she was female unless she showed some skin? And WHY did they decide it was necessary to give cleavage (to put it mildly) to the lamprey-headed undead monstrosity? Seriously, not sexy. JUST BECAUSE A CHARACTER IS FEMALE DOES NOT MEAN YOU NEED TO RAMP UP SEX APPEAL, ESPECIALLY IF NONE EXISTS OTHERWISE. Just... gah.

And WHY am I ranting about this in regards to the Resident Evil series, which has shown little common sense in this regard thus far?

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
dalek sec said:
Not sure how I feel about this game, I have it for the DS but the controls just feel so stiff to me, feel like a tank. Anyone else have that problem or am I just going nuts?
You're not nuts, but buying the console version won't help. Revelations was built to ape older RE titles, thus it includes classic-style tank controls.

Timzilla

Mar 26, 2010
Seriously, I'm all for rule 63, but can you at least give her some damn pants? She looks ridiculous. I'll give you credit for not giving her any cleavage, but still.

As for Rachel Ooze, I don't have as much of a problem, since the cut scene of her getting infected shows what she looked like before hand and the massive barley contained sweater puppies wern't just added after she became a monster. Its still a little unnecessary, and a little creepy at that, but a baby step is better that no step at all.

dalek sec

Jul 20, 2008
Earnest Cavalli said:
dalek sec said:
You're not nuts, but buying the console version won't help. Revelations was built to ape older RE titles, thus it includes classic-style tank controls.
Ah crap, always felt slow as hell playing like that, I see a lot of "Game Over" screens in my future then. Well thanks for answering! :D
Timzilla said:
Seriously, I'm all for rule 63, but can you at least give her some damn pants? She looks ridiculous. I'll give you credit for not giving her any cleavage, but still.

As for Rachel Ooze, I don't have as much of a problem, since the cut scene of her getting infected shows what she looked like before hand and the massive barley contained sweater puppies weren't just added after she became a monster. Its still a little unnecessary, and a little creepy at that, but a baby step is better that no step at all.
Glad to know I'm not the only who thinks "Lady Hunk" should have been issued some damn pants before heading out on her mission. For Ooze it's not a problem but it does look rather creepy but yeah, she was um... rather busty before she ended up being a horrible monster.

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
Where the hell is Lady Hunk's trousers? I mean come on Capcom. At least have your Rule 63 character make some kind of sense.

dalek sec

Jul 20, 2008
rhizhim said:
either she is a die hard fan of donald duck or we just experienced another stupid decision by a man inside capcom.
I think that's the best answer for her lack of pants. That is freaking brilliant, thanks for making me laugh rhizhim.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
If Lady HUNK had pants, she would be indistinguishable from HUNK proper. Which would mean that it's not likely worth $3, because you'd basically just be paying $3 for a voice swap because the model would be the same.

My only problem is the voice. $3 says Lady HUNK's voice actress is Rachael's.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
either that, or this is some sort of sarcastic joke about how female characters are unnecessarily designed differently from male characters

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
These have got to be two of the most poorly-designed characters I've seen yet- a special-forces operative who forgot to put on her pants before heading to work, and a superhuman monstrosity who doesn't actually seem very superhuman (or capable with firearms).

Kopikatsu said:
If Lady HUNK had pants, she would be indistinguishable from HUNK proper. Which would mean that it's not likely worth $3, because you'd basically just be paying $3 for a voice swap because the model would be the same.
Yeah, that's the thing- they've already made female characters in full tactical gear that still looked female. This just looks like a lazy cash-in.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
The Rogue Wolf said:
These have got to be two of the most poorly-designed characters I've seen yet- a special-forces operative who forgot to put on her pants before heading to work, and a superhuman monstrosity who doesn't actually seem very superhuman (or capable with firearms).

Kopikatsu said:
Yeah, that's the thing- they've already made female characters in full tactical gear that still looked female. This just looks like a lazy cash-in.
All female characters in Resident Evil are either wearing hot pants, form fitting outfits, or show ridiculous amounts of cleavage considering the situation they're in (IE one bite and you're done). Besides, taking away HUNK's heavy body armor or helmet would make him...not HUNK. The pants are the only thing that doesn't make the character...the character.

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
Because no self-respecting Umbrella-hired mercenary would ever bring trousers to a hostile, live-fire, biologically-contaminated environment... *sigh*
[small]I know everyone's already said this, but I'm just to adding my own weight to the bandwagon.[/small]

Voice acting doesn't seem to quite match the utter professional style that I'd expect, coming from how male HUNK acts, either. She's too... Eager. Is this HUNK's kid sister or something?

As for Rachael Ooze... She has no eyes! How can she see, let alone aim?! Also... Is there a good explanation for why this particular infected is semi-friendly? Although I did like the idea of having her humming a mad tune to herself while fighting.

Gormech

May 10, 2012
The_Darkness said:
Because no self-respecting Umbrella-hired mercenary would ever bring trousers to a hostile, live-fire, biologically-contaminated environment... *sigh*
[small]I know everyone's already said this, but I'm just to adding my own weight to the bandwagon.[/small]

Voice acting doesn't seem to quite match the utter professional style that I'd expect, coming from how male HUNK acts, either. She's too... Eager. Is this HUNK's kid sister or something?

As for Rachael Ooze... She has no eyes! How can she see, let alone aim?! Also... Is there a good explanation for why this particular infected is semi-friendly? Although I did like the idea of having her humming a mad tune to herself while fighting.
I agree, girl version of HUNK looked like an idiot.

Kinda like Ooze though. Two guesses on how she sees. One: transparent membrane over the eye(s). Two: Spore/pheromone emissions into the local airspace to relay information back to her. Hope she has more special attacks than the claw and the head thing. Maybe a poison ability or temporary conversion of an enemy to friendly.

edit: and she may be friendly in the same way that the LosPlagus and Oroboros react to the host's brain if the will is strong enough to override the whole hive mind thing.

The Material Sheep

Nov 12, 2009
Female Hunk. I think I just kinda stopped there personally. There was absolutely no need for a female Hunk. Then they went and made her this skimpy school girl half dressed as Hunk. So... it's stupid on top of stupid... on top of insulting.

Kinda like the ooze girl, but lol... way to ruin Hunk capcom.

Some_weirdGuy

Nov 25, 2010
Next dlc character confirmed as lady hunk's trousers, which had run off of their own volition to fight monsters like the bad-ass lone-wolf that they are.